Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Improving Drop High/Landing Technic

Lukas Stamm

Does anyone has Experience with Training to increase the Drop high( of course in a healthy way with good Quality)?

I have a Parkour background, so I'm interested in Information for this Topic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MfiCKNb020 Here you can See what happens after many Years of Training with an incredible high amount of repetitions.

I Think a mix of weighted Squatting and simply Jumping from first small, later bigger Obstacles is a good way in building up the strength.

So maybe you have Ideas of Experiences, I'm thankful for both ;)

Alexander Egebak

Does anyone has Experience with Training to increase the Drop high( of course in a healthy way with good Quality)?

I have a Parkour background, so I'm interested in Information for this Topic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MfiCKNb020 Here you can See what happens after many Years of Training with an incredible high amount of repetitions.

I Think a mix of weighted Squatting and simply Jumping from first small, later bigger Obstacles is a good way in building up the strength.

So maybe you have Ideas of Experiences, I'm thankful for both ;)

I do parkour myself.

I would suggest some maximal strength training to speed up the process (weighted squats and SLS) since they will make your legs able to absorb more power. Technique-wise I would just practice low drops first and have them completely mastered (film myself and let people critique) before moving on and let us say increase drop by 30cm. A mixture of this should be the fastest and saffest approach.

I am currently safely dropping off around 3m without rolling.