Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

left arm is stronger than right arm - rings make it worse

erjcan

The power in my arms is imbalanced, i m lefty, i notice rings make it worse - my body got used to relying more on left arm and now i feel it works more than the right arm

how to fix it? put left ring straps higher\lower than the right arm?

have you ever had problem like that? when I start training for cross i know left arm will get even bigger!

• 1 month later...

I don't have R1 so I can't speak on those exercises. But go to one of the earlier RC elements in Foundation, emphasizing your weak arm. The iM should fix any excess imbalances. But definitely focus on squeezing with all your might in that weaker arm. Force yourself to rely on it more till it catches up.

Other than that, OAC/OAP negatives for the weaker arm should help too. Anything to elicit a stronger neurological response

Keilani Gutierrez

I feel the imbalance in my scapula, when I'm doing pullups for reps or RTO supports. I feel my scapula not depressing or retracting enough. taking it to an earlier progression where you feel both your arms working hard is definitely what you wanna do before you start feeling the onset of impingement symptoms, if you already aren't. 

I don't have R1 so I can't speak on those exercises. But go to one of the earlier RC elements in Foundation, emphasizing your weak arm. The iM should fix any excess imbalances. But definitely focus on squeezing with all your might in that weaker arm. Force yourself to rely on it more till it catches up.

Other than that, OAC/OAP negatives for the weaker arm should help too. Anything to elicit a stronger neurological response

I don't think oap work is a good idea, depending on how well trained the OP is. The risk of injury is very high.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
Ryan Hutchins

This is going to sound strange but train in front of a mirror. Even if you have to bring the mirror with you to the gym, the park, your closet, or wherever your setup is. You can visually spot where your deficiencies are and compensate consciously.

Taping yourself is also an option but you have to go back and forth to see what is going on so its not so immediate.

Lastly you can get someone to "coach" you thru the moves that you want to do letting you know when you are overcompensating .

I had that same problem but now its not an issue.