Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you think about this rope climb alternative ?

Mouclier Victor

Daniel Burnham

There has been talk about pole climbing before. Rope is preferable for gripping and generally they go higher than accessible climbing poles.

• Upvote 1

I also had a discussion with iirc josh naterman about potential elbow issues from pole climbing done this way. I also find the pole easier so naturally rope is superior :)

• Upvote 1

What ?! i tried pole climbing and it's a lot harder than the rope for me x)

For all I know its just a factor of broad palms and stumpy fingers. Ropes better, move on :)

• Upvote 1

I don't like how the body is placed beside the pole, unnatural. If u straddle and place the pole between your legs, your manhood is at risk.

• Upvote 1

Katharina Huemer

I personally think that climbing a pole is a lot easier climbing than a rope, if you use your legs. But without legs, I think that rope climb is easier! Maybe because it is a little "squichier" and you can really grad it!

I guess it could be a pretty good substitute but I really don't know if it could injure yourself by doing that...

I have to say: just work on Foundation! 3 Months after staring Foundation I could climb a 20ft rope when I tried it for the first time in perfect straddle and pike and now I am working on climbing it reverse and in V!

Good luck :)

• Upvote 2

Katharina Huemer

Tried that today and I somehow feels it is harder on the elbow than rope climb...

I think if you are prepared and have good rope-climbing strength it could be fine, but I personally wouldn't do it on a regular basis if I hadn't climbed rope for some times before!

• Upvote 1

Randall Lindsey

There seems to be an assumption here that everyone has access to a rope. This is not, in most circumstances, the case. The guy in the video is using what may be the only equipment available.

While I won't argue the pros and cons of rope vs. pole climbing, I will assert that what he is doing is far better than the alternative, which may be to do nothing at all.

Work with what you have

• 4 weeks later...

For someone who is able to do cirques, what do you guys think of one arm towel pull-up negatives / holds?

Please post a video of your cirques and I will be able to give you an accurate evaluation.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2