Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

press handstands in a row

Katharina Huemer

Katharina Huemer

It is very possible to pike through on floor to press handstand as almost every advanced gymnast is capable of this. I'm pretty sure it is nothing for handbalancer.

I train at a gym with many high Level gymnasts (MAG and WAG) and only one 58 year old man can do this and he has been a cirque artist his whole life and has very very short legs. I feel I won't ever be able to do this due to my long legs!

Daniel Burnham

How high level? When I was at woga in dallas most of the guys had this skill never saw the team girls do it but the acro girls and guys could also.

At my gym in Atlanta it is part of several of the guys warmups.

Katharina Huemer

How high level? When I was at woga in dallas most of the guys had this skill never saw the team girls do it but the acro girls and guys could also.

At my gym in Atlanta it is part of several of the guys warmups.

I am talking about Austria, anyone beyond L7 is Elite here

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hey guys! I have one question: What would you say how long does it take to increase the number of sitting straddle presses in a row? I can do 1 but would like to do 5 in a row...

Any kind of update on the press progress. I am in a similar boat, being that I just achived my first decent press. Iam looking forawrd to cleaning up form and then adding reps.

Piotr Ochocki

I feel I won't ever be able to do this due to my long legs!

No, train well and it will come (probably it has already if I recall your most recent posts) :), look at video below, Olga seem to have long legs, look at her press around 1:48m, with her flexibility she doesn't even have to lean forwards and it looks like if it was on the floor she would made it from V :).

Katharina Huemer

No, train well and it will come (probably it has already if I recall your most recent posts) :), look at video below, Olga seem to have long legs, look at her press around 1:48m, with her flexibility she doesn't even have to lean forwards and it looks like if it was on the floor she would made it from V :).

Thanks, you were right :)