Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-sit Chinups Form Check

Jesus Rojas

Pretty good form, Chuchodani.  I'm not sure you're going to a full deadhang (relaxed scaps as well).  I could be wrong, but it looks like you're fully extending your arms well, but not the scaps.  Otherwise very good, and good strong pull up to your chest.

• Upvote 1

yes, you should fully extend you shoulders to reach a real dead hang, because pulling from there is the hardest part of the l-versions. otherwise it looks really good.

i honestly don´t know why but using the L-variations challenges some kind of muscle and/or motor pattern i didn´t know exists :D iconsider myself pretty strong at pullups (50kg from a completely dead hang) but the lowest part of a L-pull-/chin-up feels much much different.

• Upvote 1

Pretty good form, Chuchodani.  I'm not sure you're going to a full deadhang (relaxed scaps as well).  I could be wrong, but it looks like you're fully extending your arms well, but not the scaps.  Otherwise very good, and good strong pull up to your chest.

Thanks you MT Nordic ! What could be a good indicator of a extended scap ? because at the bottom of the movement you cannot see my ears like when you are in a dead hang, maybe I'm wrong and this is not a indicator.

yes, you should fully extend you shoulders to reach a real dead hang, because pulling from there is the hardest part of the l-versions. otherwise it looks really good.

i honestly don´t know why but using the L-variations challenges some kind of muscle and/or motor pattern i didn´t know exists :D iconsider myself pretty strong at pullups (50kg from a completely dead hang) but the lowest part of a L-pull-/chin-up feels much much different.

I think it is because the L-variations put much torque in the shoulders, 50kg is good ! at what bodyweight ?

I think it is because the L-variations put much torque in the shoulders, 50kg is good ! at what bodyweight ?

my bodyweight is around 82-83kg.

keep up the good work :)!

In addition to a 'full' dead-hang, I suggest that you work on your tempo. Pull up explosively , touch the bar with your chest for 2 seconds before descending and hold the negative for 3 to 5 seconds before the lock out. :)

In addition to a 'full' dead-hang, I suggest that you work on your tempo. Pull up explosively , touch the bar with your chest for 2 seconds before descending and hold the negative for 3 to 5 seconds before the lock out. :)

I'm going to do it in my next workout, but right now I'm having troubles with a sickness I think it's chikungunya.

Generally speaking your form is fine. I wouldn't advocate using explosiveness unless you are seeking to develop "Explosive power." However what tempo you choose to use for an exercise is entirely up to you.

For chin ups the concentric and eccentric phases can be compared to bicep curls.

Adding a true dead hang continues to develop the tendons and muscles needed for scapular depression and elevation. 

If you choose to do explosive chin ups or pull ups don't add a dead hang, you will need have some tension in your arm and shoulder girdle muscles to rebound with.

Generally speaking your form is fine. I wouldn't advocate using explosiveness unless you are seeking to develop "Explosive power." However what tempo you choose to use for an exercise is entirely up to you.

For chin ups the concentric and eccentric phases can be compared to bicep curls.

Adding a true dead hang continues to develop the tendons and muscles needed for scapular depression and elevation. 

If you choose to do explosive chin ups or pull ups don't add a dead hang, you will need have some tension in your arm and shoulder girdle muscles to rebound with.

I have a question, in the bottom position you cannot see my ears because my scap is elevated. Now this is an indicator of a true dead hang ?

I have a question, in the bottom position you cannot see my ears because my scap is elevated. Now this is an indicator of a true dead hang ?

Yes.

• Upvote 2