Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand problem

Fred Vunk

Hello!

I have a problem with handstand. Whenever i do handstand against the wall on the floor or on the parallel bars i get weird pain in my shoulder and under/around scapula. Only with my left side.

It feels like my left shoulder/traps tighten very up and start to go numb. Don't know how else i could describe it.

When i don't lean against wall i feel no pain or discomfort.

Anyone know what could be the source or how could i start removing the discomfort. I have been to a sport massager but still the numbness is there.

Thank you

Fred.

You could say that. It starts to like go stronger and more intense the longer i am in the position

I experimented that kind of pain in the past, every single time I was trying to do a wall HS the pain was there. How I solved ? I noticed that kind of pain doing regular things on everyday life that requires you to stay in a same position for a large period of time, for example when I was cooking something that requires a lot of mixing I got that pain, playing Counter Strike 1.6 on the pc for a long period of time and I got that pain and every single time in my predominant side which for me is right side. First thing I did was fix my posture, I try to not stay on an uncomfortable positions, when I sit on a chair I try to get a good posture. Second thing was take a step back on the HS and go back to headstands and third thing was put my head on a neutral position during HS because I was putting my neck in an uncomfortable position by looking directly to my hands, and mobility work for open my shoulders. I did all that and the pain just disappear. Last tip, don't go through pain, try to look for the root of the pain and fix it. Try to look for something in your everyday life that you're doing with bad posture.

PD: Even today when I play Counter Strike 1.6 on the pc for long periods of time I feel that burning pain in my right trap and when I stop playing the pain goes away. And that is because I put myself on a horrible position in order to play better, for that reason I quit CS, but I don't feel it anymore during HS.

Yeah i have it too while playing bf4.

Thank you for the answer, i'll try those things out and keep working on it.

I was suspecting that, try to analize what are you doing bad when playing, if not, try to not play to the point when it starts to hurt.