Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Learning other Gymnastics movements (cartwheels, flips)

Alex Tansel

Hi I am interested in learning some of the more dynamic gymnastics movements alongside F1.

Mainly I'm thinking handsprings, aerials, back tucks (and some martial arts kicking derivatives - 540 crescent, B-twist.)

I'm just curious if many of you have learned these sort of things in tandem with the foundations course, and if foundation will help you on your way to them or you'll need an additional programme.

I guess my question is would it be enough to do F1 and practice the skills separately in order to learn these movements?

Thank you

Merunas Astrauskas

Foundation will help of course but these skills are quite different. There are a lot of people much weaker than even F1 beginners who can do those tricks (not considering the technique)

I would recommend finding an adult gymnastics class.  I want to get down some of the same moves, and I am lucky enough to have a class forming soon at the gym to which I take my kids.  I will be taking the class to supplement my Foundation training, which will remain my focus.  

I did some private lessons on some of the basic skills a while back, but I feel I will be better prepared physically for skill lessons after having done Foundation work.  

• Upvote 1