Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front lever problem

bgmafia322

i have a problem , im training front since this summer and im able to hold now a full front lever , but sonetimes when i try front lever i cant hold it and sometimes i can, for example on a low bar i can hold for 5 to 7 seconds but on a high bar its much harder , i know on a high bar im pulling with straight arms but how can i fix that

anyone can help me or show me exercises please

Just straighten your arms lol. If you can't hold that, you can't hold a front lever and you should go a/some progression(s) back.

Bent arms is a lot easier as straight arms. Barely can compare them.

Christopher Schwab

Can you post videos of both of the variations? This will help us narrow down any obvious problems there may be.

Also can you post videos of your tuck and straddle front levers on both variations?

It will be hard to diagnose otherwise. :)

Your arms are bent. This must be the reason why you can hold it on low bar, but not on high bar since you said you pull with straight arms there.

and heres on a high bar

ok i understand but when i go to a front lever wit straight arms and then bent my arms its also hard to hold on IMG_5234.MOV a high bar , so what should i do to fix that 

You should go back 1 progression. I would start practicing straddle front lever and one leg out one leg in front lever. Try to get at least 10 seconds with both. Multiple sets if you want to be a beast. With VERY STRICT FORM (scapula retracted and hands straight.)

Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by WadeWilson
  • Upvote 1

ok thanks i can hold 13 seconds straddle with straight arms and one leg in one leg out 18 or 19 seconds , you know i never trained progressions i just did front lever raises and ice cream maker but thanks wade wilson 

Ask someone to record you and don't be satisfied with it until you are straight as an arrow and horizontal to the floor with arms locked fully. 

Post some more videos.

Off-topic: How tall are you?

Well, on low bar you are lowering down to the FL and getting into it faster which saves you more strength. You were also not pulling with straight arms in that high bar FL video. Unless you only want a bent arm FL, you should always work on FL with locked arms otherwise it isn't a legit FL and you are not building the straight arm pulling strength of the FL.

Léo Aïtoulha

You should go back 1 progression. I would start practicing straddle front lever and one leg out one leg in front lever. Try to get at least 10 seconds with both. Multiple sets if you want to be a beast. With VERY STRICT FORM (scapula retracted and hands straight.)

Correct me if I'm wrong

The key point is keeping the scapula fully depressed. There is only a slight degree of retraction in FL, it is more neutral than retracted.

• Upvote 1