Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome

Maybe first some words abouts me. I am training street workout almost 18 months.
I am wonder about the exercises which i can doing for victorian. I have all variation on front lever mastered (ex. wide, pull ups, one arm on bent arm) and I can do normally front lever for about 25 sec.
I have seen interesting video very similar to victorian and I tried it and publicated my attempt on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wyGIqAxePXU - from 15sec

I would like to ask is it good exercise for teaching victorian?  Now I don't have access to rings.
another exercises which I'm doing are:

1. 0:23 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MM2WdiIfCU&feature=player_detailpage#t=23
  2. bottom of this - 10646929_299642530218901_334542762306207

Thanks in advance for some advice.

Regards from Poland.

Edited by u2ezi

You aren't going to like what I am going to suggest.

Your victorian training sucks. At the moment the only thing you are doing is reinforcing bad form.

Go back to full planche training work on your planche leans be sure your scapula is protracted and depressed.

Point your feet also, your shoes are keeping you from being able to fully point your feet.

Post pictures of your best full front lever.

Before you get pissy about my negative post, you need to realise everyone in the GymnasticBodies community is held to FIG standards.

hmm... I respect your critics. I don't think so that planche is seriously needed for victorian( maybe others can confirm or negative my words).

Attached you will find my front lever but it doesn't matter, because I need advice for victorian not front lever.

up

I think in my level manna will be harder to teach than victorian so I can't use it for progression at the moment.post-16005-0-52383500-1410769569_thumb.j

You aren't going to like what I am going to suggest.

Your victorian training sucks. At the moment the only thing you are doing is reinforcing bad form.

Go back to full planche training work on your planche leans be sure your scapula is protracted and depressed.

Point your feet also, your shoes are keeping you from being able to fully point your feet.

Post pictures of your best full front lever.

Before you get pissy about my negative post, you need to realise everyone in the GymnasticBodies community is held to FIG standards.

What will planche training help with getting a victorian? Different scapula position etc.

Read this thread, more on victorian in here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11567-victorian/

up
thanks, i found 2 good ideas in this topic :)
first is exercise for scapula retraction  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17cE0e1zgfo

and second is using some weight to assist the exercise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A_anXhU2m0

but as I said earlier I dont have access to rings at the moment and I asked about exercises which I am doing now, demostrated at first post, because especially first exercise from video caught my attention  :)

Alexander Egebak

Welcome

Maybe first some words abouts me. I am training street workout almost 18 months.

I am wonder about the exercises which i can doing for victorian. I have all variation on front lever mastered (ex. wide, pull ups, one arm on bent arm) and I can do normally front lever for about 25 sec.

I have seen interesting video very similar to victorian and I tried it and publicated my attempt on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wyGIqAxePXU - from 15sec

I would like to ask is it good exercise for teaching victorian?  Now I don't have access to rings.

another exercises which I'm doing are:

1. 0:23 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MM2WdiIfCU&feature=player_detailpage#t=23
  2. bottom of this - 10646929_299642530218901_334542762306207

Thanks in advance for some advice.

Regards from Poland.

What other skills are you capable of? It is recommended that one shoulder master all the basic GST elements (those mentioned in the foundation series) before moving on to the more advanced skills.

Alessandro Mainente

If for your level manna is harder you have no chance to develop victorian in a safe way. manna prepares the posterior delts and the retraction muscles, there are no other skills that provide the same benefit. from my point take off victorian from your goal now and work on the bases, manna it's a basic movement.

• Upvote 5

hmm... I respect your critics. I don't think so that planche is seriously needed for victorian( maybe others can confirm or negative my words).

Attached you will find my front lever but it doesn't matter, because I need advice for victorian not front lever.

up

I think in my level manna will be harder to teach than victorian so I can't use it for progression at the moment.attachicon.giffl.jpg

I asked about your front lever because you need solid front lever for victorian. Do you keep your elbows bent while holding front lever? If yes, you need to relearn front lever and teach yourself to hold front lever while maintaining "Hollow body position."

Planche is needed for Maltese. 

What will planche training help with getting a victorian? Different scapula position etc.

Read this thread, more on victorian in here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11567-victorian/

Where in my last post, did I say anything regarding working planche for victorian?

I mentioned planche because the original poster is showing that he is trying to train Maltese in addition to Victorian.

I asked about your front lever because you need solid front lever for victorian. Although you have a good front lever keep working on it. Teach yourself to hold front lever while holding "Hollow body position." Planche is needed for Maltese.

Where in my last post, did I say anything regarding working planche for victorian?

I mentioned planche because the original poster is showing that he is trying to train Maltese in addition to Victorian.

Well since this thread is about victorian training and your stated his victorian training sucks it´s safe to assume the planche work was for victorian.

What other skills are you capable of? It is recommended that one shoulder master all the basic GST elements (those mentioned in the foundation series) before moving on to the more advanced skills.

Do you try tell me that even I think I have good start to work on victorian

(ex. my old movie (look at date) which presents front lever

or my attempt on forearm presented on first post here)

I should get back to work on iron cross/manna? I would like to try idea with previous topic with assisted weight.

Well since this thread is about victorian training and since you stated his victorian training sucks it´s safe to assume the planche work was for victorian.

Don't make an assumption. What seems to be may not always be. Adjectives and reality are relative to perceptions.

Do you try tell me that even I think I have good start to work on victorian

(ex. my old movie (look at date) which presents front lever

or my attempt on forearm presented on first post here)

I should get back to work on iron cross/manna? I would like to try idea with previous topic with assisted weight.

Could you please upload a new video ? because in this one you're holding the front lever with bent elbows, and maybe your form has improve now.

up

I posted picture of my front lever form. I can do it for almost 20 seconds with straight arms, 1 month ago I was in country competition where was counted good form front lever. You should lose attention on my FL and better propose any exercises or ideas to make victorian work easier.

Alexander Egebak

up

I posted picture of my front lever form. I can do it for almost 20 seconds with straight arms, 1 month ago I was in country competition where was counted good form front lever. You should lose attention on my FL and better propose any exercises or ideas to make victorian work easier.

That question has already been answered; the manna should be your focus as of now. Coach Sommer recommends that you master skills in a certain order before you move on to more advanced ring training. Manna is one of these, as well front lever and straddle planche and some others. This is among many reasons to not risk injury from muscular imbalances and to not plateau in your training.

Fix the basics and then you can begin to think about the victorian. Giving the answers you need could potentially lead to you injuring yourself, and I could accidentially also be giving away future course material which is not free.

• Upvote 4

hmm... I have seen one athetics never doing gymnastics (he can't do manna) but he has given video presented his skills and one of them is nearly victorian. So it's possibly teach it without manna. Look at this friends:  https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/10544417_606497926136106_1250351619259418315_n.jpg?oh=88070380e636ab2ee5f7deb28a796da7&oe=54859AE0&__gda__=1418418694_0f512119c87f73348e5b5f1f86ee2b29

and video:

at 0:54

Is it me or are those crosses bent? Somehow looking at it, it probably doesn't look like a good idea to use that as an example.

You should look at this:

• Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

hmm... I have seen one athetics never doing gymnastics (he can't do manna) but he has given video presented his skills and one of them is nearly victorian. So it's possibly teach it without manna. Look at this friends:  https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/10544417_606497926136106_1250351619259418315_n.jpg?oh=88070380e636ab2ee5f7deb28a796da7&oe=54859AE0&__gda__=1418418694_0f512119c87f73348e5b5f1f86ee2b29

and video:

at 0:54

It is not the question of wether it is possible or not, it is the question of what is safe or not. You may or may not injury yourself, but why take a gamble?

• Upvote 1

Here are useful exercises for achieving Victorian. Progress will be immensely faster if you master the Iron and Maltese crosses before hand, both on rings.

* Victorian leans. PB or SR support, lean back slowly and hold or for reps.

* Victorian to FL negatives.

* FL variation of any kind.

* Victorian in tuck, straddle, full lay.

* Assisted with spotter or lastic.

* Rope climbs.

Is it me or are those crosses bent? Somehow looking at it, it probably doesn't look like a good idea to use that as an example.

You should look at this:

hmm... yes I know he is better, but his level is unachievable by me ( i didnt learn gymnastics since  childhood like probably every starting on olympiad gymnast, even I only train by myself by 17 months.

And could you tell what's wrong with form in movie which I posted here? (russian andriej)

Here are useful exercises for achieving Victorian. Progress will be immensely faster if you master the Iron and Maltese crosses before hand, both on rings.

* Victorian leans. PB or SR support, lean back slowly and hold or for reps.

* Victorian to FL negatives.

* FL variation of any kind.

* Victorian in tuck, straddle, full lay.

* Assisted with spotter or lastic.

* Rope climbs.

Thanks mate, its provide me that leaning isn't bad for me at my level.

Thanks mate, its provide me that leaning isn't bad for me at my level.

At your level and mine, learning Victorian before your tendons are ready for the stress of the skill is bad for your body. Especially when you aren't willing to do what it takes to develop the additional muscle and tendon strength your back, arms, and shoulder girdle need so that learning Victorian is easier.

Remember, Adam Raw tore his left bicep tendon while doing a back lever. Sure he had the muscular strength to do the static position, but he failed to develop the strength of his tendons.

• Upvote 7

hmm... yes I know he is better, but his level is unachievable by me ( i didnt learn gymnastics since  childhood like probably every starting on olympiad gymnast, even I only train by myself by 17 months.

And could you tell what's wrong with form in movie which I posted here? (russian andriej)

Well even in a normal ring support position, he doesn't turn out the rings and his arms are already bent. The fella is just playing with fire.

• Upvote 1

Léo Aïtoulha

Don't do victorian training, it will lead to injuries. Keep in mind that victorian and high manna are skills which can only be performed by something like one in a billion.