Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aching in elbows

jotron

Hello everyone!

I've been experiencing some elbow aches which I think are exacerbated by my ring training. I mainly do muscle ups, some cross/butterfly pulls if possible and then some lever training. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is anything aside from rest that may help with the situation. I love training on the rings but I have to assume this will bite me in the butt later if I continue to push through.

Related to my ring training as well one of my shoulders seems to be higher during the cross. I only have been trainig since last summer and haven't had a coach due to my location and am wondering if anyone can link me to something or help me alleviate the situation.

Here is a picture of my cross from a bit ago. I think I've lowered it slightly but I hope it helps.

http://websta.me/p/753063379820818322_258366226

Cheers

You have assumed correctly, serious injury can result from premature ring work. 

First order of business is get rid of the elbow pain.

Second is when you resume follow the correct progressions, they are designed to gradually strengthen the elbow joint so this isn't a problem in the future.

The absolute best choice is follow Coach Sommer's programming as laid out in the Foundation Courses and only after that begin serious ring work.

Failing that at least follow the general Rx here, but understand that there are a few key components missing that you'll find in the courses.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/8084-preparing-the-elbows-and-biceps-for-iron-cross-training/

• Upvote 2