Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Manipulating sets and reps and stretching during off days questions

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi guys,

For the last 10 months or so I've been doing basic strength routine which looks like this:

Warm up

Free handstand practice

3 sets of working towards bar Muscle Ups

3 sets of working towards HeSPU

3 sets of working towards L-Sit Dips

3 sets of working towards L-Sit Pull Ups

3 sets of working towards Pistol Squats with one leg completely straight

3 sets of jumping lunges, jumping squats, box jumps or sprints (changing this one from time to time)

Mon/Wed/Fri schedule. So after these 10 months from not being able to do any of these exercises I made it to 6 bar MUs (with a little kip), 6 box HeSPUs, 6 half L-Sit Dips (one leg straigth), 5 L-Sit Pull Ups, 5 full Pistol Squats. I didn't do specifically L-Sit to Manna progressions because I get quite a bit of load for my core from my strength training sessions I believe but I really want to start training for Manna now.

For stretching I've been training for side splits, standing ant sitting pike and straddle pike, bridge, shoulder dislocates, wrist flexibility.

I feel quite confused now because I started to doubt that 3 sets of up to 8 reps is enough to build really great strength. While I did get some good gains doing this type of training I feel that I could get more so what are other options to manipulate sets and reps? Or just throwing one extra day in would work well?

And would I benefit from doing extra stretching and joints mobility work during my days off training?

Thank you in advance