Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(VIDEO) How close am I to full planche ?

Shobos

Okay, so, iv'e started training again for like 3 weeks now after one year of absolute non-training (hardcore PC addiction ) and  I tried my to do my biggest dream - full planche and by surprise I could do a a full one leg planche, hands complitely locked out, straight back, but again only with one leg. 

My question is how far am I from a absolute perfect full planche with both legs ? 

(Btw, before one year when I was working out I didn't train specifically for planche .... pushups, abs training , triangle pushups, and few pseudo planche pushups )

I am 17 years old, 185 cm tall (6 ft)

And my weight is 58 kiilograms (127 lbs) 

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, its not my native language.

Edited by Shobos

Could you please upload a video ? That way is easier for the community.

Edited by chuchodani
  • Upvote 2

Emirking Stillalive

Man, it sounds impossible. You were sitting in front of a computer for hours, you never trained for planche specifically, i don't believe it is a true one legged planche. Just 3 weeks of training and such a big result...

I'm not going to rush this anyway, as chuchodani said you should upload a video. I believe you look skinny, so everything is possible...

• Upvote 1

Man, it sounds impossible. You were sitting in front of a computer for hours, you never trained for planche specifically, i don't believe it is a true one legged planche. Just 3 weeks of training and such a big result...

I'm not going to rush this anyway, as chuchodani said you should upload a video. I believe you look skinny, so everything is possible...

Yeah you are right it sounds impossible, I was surprised too, I will upload when I can, I hope in this week because of place I live, stay tuned guys !  

Ivan Pavlovic

You are 6'1 ft tall so you need to understand that learning full planche will be hard for you as nobody ever did it at this height. But dont give up.

And you wont ever get it if you keep sitting in front of pc whole days.

Edited by Paf

You are 6'1 ft tall so you need to understand that learning full planche will be hard for you as nobody ever did it at this height. But dont give up.

And you wont ever get it if you keep sitting in front of pc whole days.

What You mean by "nobody ever did it at this height' ? :D

Yeah, I am training every couple hours now, I wont stop until I can do perfect planche. 

Edited by Shobos

Ivan Pavlovic

What You mean by "nobody ever did it at this height' ? :D

Yeah, I am training every couple hours now, I wont stop until I can do perfect planche. 

Nobody taller than 5'11 (180 cm) have ever did a full planche.

Train every couple hours isn't good idea, your body need time to recover.

Murray Truelove

Be careful, planche training is tough on the elbows. Ideally you should prepare the elbows by spending time on easier variations and gradually building up to the planche.

• Upvote 1

Bump. Where's the video? :D

I'm 184cm and i think i'm okay with never achieving the planche. But i'll own the shit out of the straddle planche

• Upvote 1

Bump. Where's the video? :D

I'm 184cm and i think i'm okay with never achieving the planche. But i'll own the shit out of the straddle planche

I thought id do the video in an big hall in my city but oh damn with it, ill do it in my house, it's a lil bit of mess but who cares! Stay tuned guys video will be online tomorrow or after tomorrow ! 

To me it looks more like a frog stand with one leg extended. If you can manage to hold this position for 60 seconds, then you are ready to move on to an advanced frog (60s again). Once you can do that you need to work towards a tuck planche held for 60s continuously. Then an advanced tuck, then a straddle planche...

In short, you're some way off. I'll spare you a full critique of your form, but if you think you are able to demonstrate mastery of any of the above progressions we would be happy to give you feedback, should you post another video.

How far away are you from a full planche? Probably 3 - 4 years if you follow the correct progressions and work hard. But if it is indeed your biggest dream it will be worth the time invested.

That is VERY far from a full planche. What you have there is actually a one leg tuck bent arm planche. Why did you say your arms were locked out? Locked out means the arms are completely extended that's what you need to do otherwise it isn't a legit planche.

• Upvote 2

Honestly that was better than I expected.

In no way is it a planche, though :)

Gradual conditioning of the arms for straight arm front support and upper back development are your next step. The Foundation series has everything, but there is plenty of material around to get you started in the basic strength forum too :)

• Upvote 1

Honestly that was better than I expected.

In no way is it a planche, though :)

What did ya expect then lol ?:D 

Yeah, now I realize Im far as hell from planche :D

What did ya expect then lol ? :D

Yeah, now I realize Im far as hell from planche :D

More solid than I expected. Good place to start.

Bent arm planche variants are useful things, but they are worlds different to the real deal :)

More solid than I expected. Good place to start.

Bent arm planche variants are useful things, but they are worlds different to the real deal :)

Oh, thats actually inspiring haha ! Thanks ! 

Yeah, I cant hold for very long tho.

Getting this in 3 weeks after so long of just computer playing is still impressive! Keep it up!

Yeah, You can see by my hands that I was addicted as HELL :D Thanks for support ! 

Sorry dude, It looked like everyone already burst your bubble!

The term 'arms locked'' or 'locked elbows' means that the arms are complete straight with no bend at the elbows.

There is a huge difference in strength required for straight arm strength vs bend arm strength. BUT the goods news, if done

properly, you will get greater strength gains :)

Use your enthusiasm and current motivation to work diligently on straight arm planche progressions :)

Emirking Stillalive

Make sure to work only with arms completely straight, never bend your arms if you are working on static holds. Start with planche leans, as you progress slowly start to increase time under tension, do not lean too much you will lose protraction if you are not yet prepared, and once you feel comfortable enough in that position try to lift your toes into basic tuck planche position.

As far as building strength for the planche, I completely agree with the above post; strength in a BA planche simply does not carry over to a true planche.

However, I personally found BA planche work supplementary to leans, tuck pl, etc. to be very helpful in understanding the activation and position of the rest body in a planche, particularly in teaching me to open my hips properly.

• Upvote 1