Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joint pain after stopping planche training for a while

AzureWarrior

AzureWarrior

So my friend had worked alot on his planche, without any methodical approach. he simply did it as much as possible to the point where he can perform 15 seconds of it(full planche) with solid technique.

He stopped training altogether for a period and afterwards his joints were very sensitive for any kind of movement, for example- doing 3 pull ups aggravated pains which prevented him from continuing.

I have 2 questions in mind:

did that happen because he didn't condition his connective tissue enough while training, which lead to a gap between his strong musculature (since it was constantly improving by his style of training) which was able to support the demand on his body from the planche training yet meanwhile his connective tissue being too weak(from being neglected) to manage the stress with the muscles in conjunction- ultimately allocating some of the stress on the joints as a last resort and thus gradually creating wear and tear in them which lead to these pains?

question number 2: 

If the answer to my first question is yes, then how come he didn't have those pains while training and only occurring after a period where he didn't train much at all? is it because of the increased blood flow during training or is there a deeper reason?

Seems pretty cut-and-dried. He has severe tendonitis. He kept training. He will now pay the price.

Best wishes for recovery, but that's gonna suck.

• Upvote 1