Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elbow connective tissue

Ryan Boylen

What is it - what exercises - within the foundation course really help strengthen the connective tissue for the elbows? Is it primarily limited to one element, or spread out between several of the elements?

Thanks!

Coach Sommer

All of the upper body work Foundation work works synergistically to properly condition the elbows for more advanced work later.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

I suppose this question might better be asked within the Foundations forum, but since I am curious about general elbow connective strength, I put it here.

Jonathan Pettit

All of the upper body work Foundation work works synergistically to properly condition the elbows for more advanced work later.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

That makes sense, but I wonder: if I were to progress really far in one area while being stuck behind in others, could that lead to trouble for my elbows?

Coach Sommer

Of course.  

The body performs best from a foundation of 'balanced' muscular development.   All areas of the elbow joint should be strong and mobile.  Prioritizing your favorite elements and neglecting your weaknesses is what leads to muscular imbalances; and muscular imbalances are what lead to injuries.  The more severe the imbalance, the sooner a significant injury is likely to occur.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 6