Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 year into foundation

Arthur Costi

Arthur Costi

This is just my 2 cents for those who are on the sidelines thinking if Foundation is worth the investment.

Since last year I am following the progressions on Foundation 5 days/week and I never felt so much strength building in so little time, I am a tall guy (1.88m / 6'2) so it is very difficult to do horizontal positions like Front Lever and Planche but I felt a huge increase in strength after following the progressions on the course, I am still working on all exercises and haven't mastered any of the 6 foundation positions described on the course, I am very close on some and a little far behind on others, but I don't have any kind of rush, in the past I was desperate to "conquer" certain kinds of skills and frequently injuried myself, now I am just enjoying the process and it has never been so fun, and ironically, I never progressed so fast.

I am gonna post here a picture of my fingertip straddle planche, I can hold it for 3 to 4 seconds and it is very over my head right now to use for training, I know I am losing protraction and the form is not perfect, I just want that people can see someone who isn't naturally inclined for planche being able to grasp a straddle planche using foundation.

Thanks a lot for Coach Sommer and his team for putting the effort on publishing these amazing work, it made me break several plateaus that have been stalling me for years. I am very grateful for being able to be part of this community.

10515075_10153101394663047_4764502282690

• Upvote 33

Murray Truelove

Nice work. I've been doing Foundation over a year myself. For me the biggest improvement has been in my mobility. I'm slowly curing my zombie like ROM. 

I've definitely made strength gains but more importantly corrected a lot of my imbalances, I had a very weak posterior chain, severe anterior pelvic tilt and a lot of shoulder trouble. 

I'm nearly finished with F1 for most elements and can't wait to get stuck into F2.

• Upvote 6

Alexander Egebak

Been doing F1 for a week now (lol). Can already say that I noticed weaknesses on the most basic exercises (weak left rotator cuff, tight right biceps, weak posterior pelvic tilt, tight hip flexors).

Flexibility has already improved a bit, reps and secs are coming up, I no longer feel discomfort from standing/walking around during manual labor (only when I reach for toes or bend backwards, which is a GREAT improvement). I cannot wait to reap the benefits you talk about OP as soon as I have fixed hip flexibility and rotator cuff strength. Many people have great mobility defecits, I only have in hip flexors which improves faster than I ever expected, so I expect to slowly and steadily work through microcycles (maybe except ABH which is a bitch).

Congratulations OP, I hope that I in a year or two would be able to create a similar post and rally and inspire the newcomers.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is just my 2 cents for those who are on the sidelines thinking if Foundation is worth the investment.

Since last year I am following the progressions on Foundation 5 days/week and I never felt so much strength building in so little time, I am a tall guy (1.88m / 6'2) so it is very difficult to do horizontal positions like Front Lever and Planche but I felt a huge increase in strength after following the progressions on the course, I am still working on all exercises and haven't mastered any of the 6 foundation positions described on the course, I am very close on some and a little far behind on others, but I don't have any kind of rush, in the past I was desperate to "conquer" certain kinds of skills and frequently injuried myself, now I am just enjoying the process and it has never been so fun, and ironically, I never progressed so fast.

I am gonna post here a picture of my fingertip straddle planche, I can hold it for 3 to 4 seconds and it is very over my head right now to use for training, I know I am losing protraction and the form is not perfect, I just want that people can see someone who isn't naturally inclined for planche being able to grasp a straddle planche using foundation.

Thanks a lot for Coach Sommer and his team for putting the effort on publishing these amazing work, it made me break several plateaus that have been stalling me for years. I am very grateful for being able to be part of this community.

10515075_10153101394663047_4764502282690

since im a 188cm myself its a HUGE inspiration to see someone like that perform a straddle planche!

• Upvote 1