Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One arm chin up question

WadeWilson

Yesterday i tried a one arm chin up with my right hand on the bar and my left hand on my right arm. I managed to do 4. Today i tried the same with the left hand and i can't do one. How can this happen? I can do around 12 pull ups overall. How can my left arm be so weaker? Or is this probably a form problem? Sometimes when i'm front squatting i lean more on my left leg. I think my hips aren't really aligned. Any good exercises i can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Multiple questions.

#1: How come your left arm is weaker as your right arm. Perhaps while doing pull ups your pulling more with the right side. Try some unilateral pulling exercises (only pulling with one hand). This way you can strengthen both arms equally. 
Or just try to focus on pulling with both arms equally.

#2: Good exercises to align your hips. I'm not an expert on this. First of all check if your hips are really aren't alligned by visiting an expert. Perhaps your legs aren't equally strong either.

Can you do 12 reps for 1 set? or can you do 5x10 reps pull ups? If not, keep working regular pull ups.

And also, using one arm on your wrist and one on the bar/rings is not an one arm pull up. A one arm pull up is using one arm to pull, the other is by your side.

Thanks for the answers! I know it's not a one arm chin up but it's a progression. Even though when i'm gonna start working towards one pull up i'll start with my weaker arm and with towell assistance. Yeah i can only do 1 set of 10-12 and then the number drops. I will also try to do weighted pull ups to bring my numbers up