Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does deformed biceps neccessarly indicate torn (completely/partialy) distal tendon?

Fady Georgi

FADI ALMASRI

HI FADI

My name is Fadi. What a coincidence !!! Hope you are doing well now...  had a similar injury two months ago while I was playing bowling. Please tell me an update of your situation please.

thanks

Edited by FADI ALMASRI
adding information

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Fadi, the post it is 3 years old, i do not think you will receive the answer from the user. 

I can tell you that if you had a traumatic situation the short bicep it is a sign of tendon tear.

• Upvote 1

Fady Georgi

Hello Fadi,

Sorry for your injury, it seems you are from Egypt too, for my injury as diagnosed it was a tear in the muscle tendon junction, this is less common injury than injury in tendon bone junction, where for the second one it has a standard operative treatment where tendon is reattached to the bone. For my case it more complex to be treated operatively as reattaching tendon to soft tissue has no standard operative treatment (I read an opinion that it could be treated using a mesh or graft but outcome of operation is none predictive). So for me I didn't have surgical treatment.. about my biceps injury. I can say it is much better now, but off course not back to normal-and probably it will never be- in terms of strength it is much better I can say it improved by 85%. In terms of deformation it is still deformed but it is better than 3 years ago. Also in terms of fullness it improved significantly , but still my arm looks as it having extra skin due to the tear I had. My advice to you to check more than a doctor (I checked with 5). If operative treatment is an option and you are aiming full recovery and know a trusted surgeon I advice you to go for the operation.

• Upvote 1