Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about Gymnastics rings - rainy weather and long straps

Michail Michailidis

Michail Michailidis

Hi guys.

I have two simple questions. I will be moving to London for about a year and will be doing my MSc in Sports medicine. So the problem is that the weather there is really rainy. The thing is I have a pair of EXF rings which are installed in my home country house. I also have another pair of wooden rogue rings FIG dimensions which I plan on using when I am at the gym doing Foundation. However, I am also thinking of buying another pair of rings which I can use when I want to train outside in the park. The problem is that as it is well known the weather in London is quite rainy. So I would like to buy a pair of rings that should hold up pretty well. Would love to hear any suggestions.

Also do you think it is worth spending the money for buying a pair of long straps from Rogue ?  

I made a makeshift pair out of pvc heated in the oven. They're not perfect but rain wouldn't hurt them.

Wood is not an option for outdoor use, and we do not recommend using EXF rings anywhere due to breakage issues.

Plastic rings are going to be your best option, depending on when you are leaving, we may have them back in stock with our new 2nd generation straps. 

I you go with Rogue, maybe the comp straps will perform better in the rain. I'm not sure how well the standard strap will hold if the straps are soaked.

Michail Michailidis

Cole you made me worry about the EXF rings now. Although I have used them for about 2 years with no problems. 

Of course I am planning to buy the rings with the 2nd generation straps from here when they are available back in stock. Do you have any idea when they will be back in stock ?

So for now I only have these two options:

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-rings

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-rings