Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comments on my routine plz!

hype

Hi guys,

This routine i've made fits my goals and I would like to know what you guys think of it!

Monday/thursday

Planche + front lever holds

Hspu variations

OAP variations

Dragon flag variations

Tuesday/friday

Planche + front lever holds

Planche pushups variations

Rows variations

Lower back variations

Wednesday/saturday

Legs + core (hills, ground exercises, etc)

What do you guys think? Is this good?

Murray Truelove

Have you got any body line work in there?

In theory it looks alright but without saying what you're doing (what variation), how much (reps/sets) and how your progression is set out it's hard to comment further.

Alexander Egebak

I will second body line work if you ever plan to go beyond the skills you train for. Have you gone through the proper requisities for the exercises that you list?

Have you got any body line work in there?

In theory it looks alright but without saying what you're doing (what variation), how much (reps/sets) and how your progression is set out it's hard to comment further.

What do you mean by body line?

And I'm using BtGB variations.

I progress using the following reps and sets ladder:

Week one: 3x3

Week two: 5x3

Week three: 3x5

Week four: 5x5, and then I either add weight, slow tempo, or move on to the next variation if I'm strong enough.

For the planche and front lever, I found some very nice progressions on the internet. Basically i'll always do one direct (ex: holding the position) and two assisting exercises (ex: lat pulls down, dragon flag for front lever) each workout and for each movement. I will build up each hold to a certain time ( ex: tuck planche to 60s) and then either add ankle weights or move on the next progression if I'm comfortable. oh and for the holds I use SS system with 6 to 8 week cycles.

Murray Truelove

Cool, sounds like your progression is scaled sensibly. Body line work includes things like hollow body holds they're essentially for good form, they can be done as part of your warmup.

• Upvote 1

Murray Truelove

You can do handstands on recovery days as it counts as skill work. The body like stuff is to ensure the have the correct posture when you're doing things like handstands and front levers.

If you search the forum for "prerequisite" you should find a lot of posts.

You can do handstands on recovery days as it counts as skill work. The body like stuff is to ensure the have the correct posture when you're doing things like handstands and front levers.

If you search the forum for "prerequisite" you should find a lot of posts.

ok, thank you, I will search that!