Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good gym mat option for garage gym?

Joss Delage

Joss Delage

All,

What would be a good option for a garage gym? We recently moved and I'm lucky to have a decent amount of room, and my preference would be for a fairly firm mat. It will be permanently in the garage, and I plan to store it against the wall when not in use.

Thanks,

Joss

There are so many different types of mats, thickness, material etc, that you need to be more specific what you intend to use it for.

You can get by with a yoga mat. The deluxe solution would be either a roll out Bonded Carpet Mat or Folding Panel Mat. Just depends on what surface you prefer.

Googling either term will show you sources.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Pettit

Puzzle mats have served me well for martial arts training, doing things like rolls, breakfalls, jumps and general moving, standing, pushups, etc.  Pretty comfortable, easy to setup, reasonable price.  Just beware that cheap versions stretch (ie, one piece will become longer than another, meaning if you take the mats apart not all pieces will fit together again) and wear out fast.  Saving a few bucks isn't worth the aggravation of mending and replacing in a few months.

I'm a huge fan of the Zebra 5'x10' roll up mats.  I use two of them for BJJ, F1/H1, and everything in between.

Joss Delage

Are the Zebra and Dollamur of similar firmness? Or is one materially firmer than the other?

Thanks,

Joss

• 2 years later...