Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hardest Bodyweight Exercises

pistol33

I was just trying to compile a list of the hardest bodyweight exercises that I want to work to

Heres what I have so far:

1. One arm pullup

2. Flagpole

3. Planche

4. Front Lever

5. Iron Cross

6. Inverted Iron Cross

7. One armed evil wheel

8. One arm handstand

9. 140lb pistol

Any ideas for something new, or how to achieve any of these?

Please Reply :!:

well thats the only weighted one since the pistol gets to easy to fast

the 140lb pistol ive seen done by steve cotter

In Inverted cross, and damn I didn't know people do Inverted crosses for their exercises. xD

• 1 month later...

How about handstand clapping pushups?

Straddle L to press handstand maybe? Lsit to handstand.

What about some tumbling skills like standing back tuck?

Maybe some breakdancing stuff like air flares?

Edward Smith

I think the absolute hardest bodyweight exercise ever would be (never heard of it being done), not only for strength but control, balance, power (drum roll).................................... a One-Arm Muscle Up

Nic Branson

I read an old handbalancing book that talked about a one arm planche. The author had only ever seen it performed by one man.

George Launchbury

Hey Ed,

I've thought about that one in the past as well ...but would a one-armed muscle-up even be possible, from a physics perspective? Not so much the pull-up, maybe the transition, but mostly the one-armed support on rings ...sorry, ring? What if one did the transition/press in straddle position, pushing down between legs? Would be surprised if it was possible.

Someone's at least got to have a go at the one-armed support for our peace of mind ...I would, but I'm not strong enough!! :)

Another thought was inverted muscle-up on rings? I saw a guy doing some one-armed rope climbing (no legs) on youTube. That looked pretty difficult. The flag-push-ups I've seen Dominic Lacasse doing look pretty hard, too.

Cheers,

George.

David Picó García
I think the absolute hardest bodyweight exercise ever would be (never heard of it being done), not only for strength but control, balance, power (drum roll).................................... a One-Arm Muscle Up

I've seen it on youtube or metacafe and when i saw the link i thought it was a fake or just kidding, but it was real. It was a guy from circus. if i find the link i'll post it.

Edited: here is the link, in fact is a one arm muscle up followed with a one arm press handstand. :shock: (but i have to say that he kips a lot :roll: )

http://www.strengthmill.com/viewvideo/1 ... _arm_pres/

1. OAP. work negatives from one arm hang at the top, positives that are partial BW on one arm. As well you can also work positives and negatives to partial ROM

2. Would be good to be able to body lever before this. Beastskills has a guide to this. I reccomend starting off with a tuck or straddled version.

3. Planche. Following Coach Sommer's guide is good enough. Supplement a lot of dips, pseudo planche pushups, HSPU.

4. Follow Coach Sommers guide. Again negatives from an inverted hang in tuck, straddle or straight and positives are good to work. Body levers as a supplemental exercise or simply pull exercises.

5. Lots of bulgarian dips, BW dips, Cross pullouts on a block or bands or spot.

6. Progress from a free handstand on rings and focus on opening and going lower. Also work wide arm handstand on floor. You can do invert cross pullouts on rings by putting your legs on the straps.

7. Progress from doing it with 2 first then do partial ROM ( on knees ) with one arm.

8. Get a solid handstand walking and static. Work 1 arm handstands on the wall or a spot that taps or bounces. Start working on leaning on to one hand in the handstand and picking the other up.

9. Progress slowly from just regular pistols and a BW vest. Go from there.

shiftedShapes
I was just trying to compile a list of the hardest bodyweight exercises that I want to work to

Heres what I have so far:

1. One arm pullup

2. Flagpole

3. Planche

4. Front Lever

5. Iron Cross

6. Inverted Iron Cross

7. One armed evil wheel

8. One arm handstand

9. 140lb pistol

Any ideas for something new, or how to achieve any of these?

Please Reply :!:

I think pistols can be extremley hard without any external resistance if you strive to do them ass to the grass, with an arch in the back and minimal movement forward of the knee.

Some hard exercises I have hear of or seen:

-one finger one arm pullup (even the pinky)

-one arm lever

-close to imposible (like a victorian except on a bar and the body is vertical or in an L)

-rainbows (reverse planche /full hollowback press through handstand all the way to planche and back) this is kind of similar to a planche version of 360 pulls

-Perfect paralel squat (legs together: shins vertical, thighs horizontal back vertical)

Coach Sommer

The hardest bodyweight sequence is still only theoretical and has yet to be done. This is not necessarily an indication however that it never will be; for many years the Victorian was thought to be impossible. The sequence is called a "strength giant" and is as follows: handstand on rings, lower to an inverted cross, roll forward to a Victorian, lower to an iron cross, press up to a maltese, press to an inverted cross, pull out to a handstand.

Now I understand that this discussion is simply an exploration of what the limits may be; my athletes and I have had many enjoyable discussions regarding this very topic. I would however like to reiterate that performing the hardest skills and sequences is not necessary in order to make excellent personal progress. Simply mastering the basics (free handstand on rings, press handstands, various levers, an iron cross etc) will make you far stronger and more athletic than the vast majority of the population.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

shiftedShapes
The hardest bodyweight sequence is still only theoretical and has yet to be done. This is not necessarily an indication however that it never will be; for many years the Victorian was thought to be impossible. The sequence is called a "strength giant" and is as follows: handstand on rings, lower to an inverted cross, roll forward to a Victorian, lower to an iron cross, press up to a maltese, press to an inverted cross, pull out to a handstand.

Now that being said, performing the hardest skills and sequences is not necessary. Simply mastering the basics (free handstand on rings, press handstands, various levers, an iron cross etc) will make you far stronger and more athletic than the vast majority of the population.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

A 360 Cross!

How about doing the whole thing with the body facing to the left or right (like an Olympic 360 cross)

• 1 year later...

from victorian press to inverted planche :lol:

One i think can be done is press from front lever to victorian :wink:

PS: inverted muscle up is litlle more harder then normal muscle up in L-seat.

from victorian press to inverted planche :lol:

One i think can be done is press from front lever to victorian :wink:

PS: inverted muscle up is litlle more harder then normal muscle up in L-seat.

Can you film an inverted muscle up? (when you have time at least)

Haven't actually seen one done live before, and there's none on youtube. :)

I don't have time now, so when I'll get some more time if I will remember.

• 4 weeks later...

Victorian without a doubt is the hardest (that someone has come up with at least). i can't believe how good Danny Rodrigues is at them.