Graig Alpert

GB Affiliate Gyms

Graig Alpert

Are there any affiliate gyms in the works in addition to the Denver one?

I've been practicing martial arts my entire life and teaching for about 10 years. I've been following Coach's program over the past few years (yes, even back when it was just a book) and would one day like to bring adult gymnastics programming of this caliber to the South FL area.

I have a feeling I'm not the only one on these forums who would like to help spread the gymnastic bodies program. Is there any such affiliate program being developed?

Daniel Burnham

First step is to become certified which is being offered to select few at seminars at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Colin Macdonald

I believe Coach said you need to be certified to F2 to start the process to be a GB affiliate. She doesn't have any certification according to her profile. Though that doesn't mean she doesn't have a nice facility. :)

Graig Alpert

Ah okay, thanks guys!

Coach Sommer

Yes, there are multiple new GB affiliates worldwide currently in development. However be aware that the road toward becoming a GB Affiliate is an extremely tough, thorough and challenging one; and will most certainly exceed the capabilities of the average facility owner.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 7

James Portillo

If one opened up in San Diego i'd be more than willing to make the 45 min drive here from Oceanside just to train. Way better than working out around other Marines.

Blairbob

Aush is in downtown SD and is hosting a GB seminar in October. He used to run a Gymnasty class on Tu and Th.

Coach Sommer

True.

Aush is in downtown SD and is hosting a GB seminar in October. He used to run a gymnastic class on Tu and Th.

True. But this discussion is about GB affiliates and CrossFit San Diego is NOT a GB affilliate, hence the referenced classes will not yet be up to GB standards.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Justin O'Connor

Coach,

In which cities are these GB affiliates going to be? Ha it may require me to move there as I'm tired of being the guy in the corner at the XF gym I go to...much rather be with like-minded individuals who have similar fitness goals. I ask, so we have something to which we can look forward.

Yes, there are multiple new GB affiliates worldwide currently in development. However be aware that the road toward becoming a GB Affiliate is an extremely tough, thorough and challenging one; and will most certainly exceed the capabilities of the average facility owner.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Cory Fair

Coach,

In which cities are these GB affiliates going to be? Ha it may require me to move there as I'm tired of being the guy in the corner at the XF gym I go to...much rather be with like-minded individuals who have similar fitness goals. I ask, so we have something to which we can look forward.

It would be premature to say as only Orench has finished the affiliation process. The affiliation process is involved and adheres to strict standards so not all gyms that try will make it through.

Benjamin Goodale

For those interested in, and aspiring to, eventual affiliation, is there anything folks could or should do beyond consistently plugging away at foundation work and other GB courses? Are there any recommendations for extra-curricular study? Books, sites (beyond this forum, which rocks!) reading material, any supplemental work at all? Is it worth it to purchase all of the available courses and read ahead so as to develop an understanding of where the progressions are leading? Or is it not worth it until you can really graduate to performing the associated level of training?

I'm also very interested to learn more about how awaken and other gyms structure their programming for larger groups; the nature of GB work seems so personal and individualized.

And finally, in advance of hopefully eventually getting GB certified and affiliated, I'm interested to know more about the appropriate boundaries and parameters for folks that are trainers/instrcuctors/gymn owners that are still novices in GB but that want to spread the word and pay it forward.

My wife and I run a small garage gym CF affiliate, and my focus has always been on Gymnastic Strength Training™. I first learned about GB through CF back when it was book and DVDs,. I purchased all of the materials, but, like many adult beginners, had a hard time getting started. Was super excited with the web format relaunch, and have been plugging away at foundation ever since. I have a long way to go on mobility in particular, so it's gonna be awhile.

In the meantime, I have been singing the praise of the GB system to all of our clients and friends and anyone who will listen, cause it's hands down the best (and hardest!) program I've ever trained, and I really believe Anybody and everybody interested in being fit strong mobile and able to move well should be doing GB.

A few friends and clients have purchased the program, and I have given them some tips and guidance in terms of understanding the format of the program and how to use the website,etc, but have consistenly steered clear of coaching the movements.

And at the same time, there are at least a handful of basic movements in GB that we have used in our CF programming for a number of years (hollow, cat/cow, etc.) and so, to a certain extent, predate GB knowledge in our coaching, but inevitably, through training GB, ones understanding of these basic elements is further developed and informed by GB.

Any information or guidelines on how to spread the word but not step on any toes is appreciated. Just want to do the right thing...

I'm signed up for the seminar next month in RI, really lookingk forward to getting more insight and first hand knowledge

Thx Coach and GB team!

• Upvote 1

Andras Herczeg

Good morning Coach!

I would like to ask if there is an affiliate in Melbourne, Australia?

Or any gym following your methods that you can recommend?

Best regards,

András Herczeg

• Upvote 1

Matthew Dickey

Any GB affiliates in the Sacramento CA area?