Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting ready for a seminar

Alessandro Pantanella

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi guys,

I'll be attending the Cornwall Seminar which is in about one month.

I'm very excited and wondering what's the best way to get ready.

It would be great if experienced people could share their suggestions, all the students attending the seminars would benefit from this.

I'm thinking to run a deload week before going to the seminar even if I'm scheduled to do week 2. I want to avoid to arrive there tired, what do you think?

Also I'm wondering what's good to bring to the class. Towel, water/coconut water, snacks, stuff for shower, note book...

Sean Murphey

I'd appreciate some info on this as well...ill only be about a month into F1/H1 come seminar time in Chi town. Will i be held back by my lower level of experience with GST?

Jon Douglas

Running a deload the week before is probably simplest, so that you can be 100% ready to try your hardest :) but it depends. If you are travelling and will miss a couple days regular training, that might be enough, I did just the MTu of a MTTF schedule and rested the rest whilst travelling, IIRC. As long as you aren't feeling too beat up, the energy of training at a seminar will bring your game up anyway.

Water (or fluid of choice), snacks depending on the location of the place and access to shopping, sweat towel, pen and paper, curiosity and guts to give it a try even if its out of what you currently think is your comfort zone ;) Some guys like supplements, especially for energy to keep the pace up, but being comfortable is more important than trying some new esoteric workout nutrition combination. Coffee and some store bought protein shakes were fine for me.

You'll be doing 1-2 sessions of 3-4 hours at a pop per day, and it's very detail-oriented-- fun but you'll sleep well. Take the opportunity to ask tons of questions and get hands on feedback/corrections; remember that being corrected in doing something is worth 100x more for your progress than talking about it :) and that many questions you may have about more advanced concepts will answer themselves as you progress, so learn tons but focus on the now without getting too caught up in the future.

Try everything, get carried away, don't try to impress people but bring your best because you'll get more out of it. Coach will tailor things as you go to the abilities and direction of the group/s, if you feel you are capable at one point then dig for some deeper detail and twists to get more out of it.

Have fun :)

• Upvote 5

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Two days for Stroud seminar here. Nice reading Jon, really helpful.

About the training previous to seminar, I'm doing 3 days schendule, so I've done 2 workouts of F1 Monday/tuesday and 2 HS1 Tuesday thursday. Besides the mobility/flexibility everyday.

Again, good tips there Jon! I hope I can participate a little bit more on this thread soon!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alessandro Pantanella

Two days for Stroud seminar here. Nice reading Jon, really helpful.

About the training previous to seminar, I'm doing 3 days schendule, so I've done 2 workouts of F1 Monday/tuesday and 2 HS1 Tuesday thursday. Besides the mobility/flexibility everyday.

Again, good tips there Jon! I hope I can participate a little bit more on this thread soon!

Hey Adriano,

How did the seminar go?

Tell us!