Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balance during Handstand pushups

hype

Hi!

Do you need to have a good free standing handstand to perform handstand pushups?? Cause the two forms don't look the same.

Julian Aldag

A true handstand push up does have the same handstand form. You are probably thinking of the arch-back form.

People who are not strong enough in the overhead position tend to arch the back to shift the emphasis to their

more developed chest. In my opinion, it is not the same skill.   So the answer to your questions is yes, you do need

a soild free standing handstand to perform handstand pushups. Just as you do for Handstand pressing and just about every

other gymnastic skill!

Alessandro Mainente

during HS push up you need to counter balance the fact that the elbows move backward while the head move forward, so the body will be a little bit inclined, then it will return on vertical position at the end of push up. the body must held the perfect alignment. if not, if you'are arching you are doing it wrong. a perfect HS is a pre req

• Upvote 3

Oh, I didn't know arched back was bad fom during hspu! Thanks man that's how I was training it, I guess have more work to do then!