Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discomfort or pain when getting out of Headstands

Barboy

So I started working on Headstand after doing Tripod for a while (to increase strength and endurance in my head/neck), and I have no problem coming up.. The problem is when I get out of my headstand, when I lower my legs to the grounds and when I'm just about to let go of my hands off the floor I feel pain/discomfort in my shoulders.. I'm not sure how to explain it.. But maybe someone else had the same problem and solved it..?

Colin Macdonald

In terms of shoulder and upper back condition for the headstand/handstand, I don't really know anything better than the H1 integrated mobility so I can't really comment. My advice would be to get H1.

Chris Clarkson

I also get this after some time training Headstands, mostly in my upper back. Unsure how to progress from here....

• 4 weeks later...

I also get a pain/discomfort after headstands! But it's in my upper back not shoulders.

Idk if it's normal or not hope someone experienced can tell us!

Jesus Rojas

I also get a pain/discomfort after headstands! But it's in my upper back not shoulders.

Idk if it's normal or not hope someone experienced can tell us!

Please describe the pain and the specific zone, it is a burning feeling in the trapezius area ?

• 3 weeks later...

As long as the pain goes away i a couple of minutes it's nothing to worry about. It will stop happening with some practice. That part of your back isn't used to working to hold you up on your head yet is all.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Rojas

Well I had that burning feeling in the past, I solved it by adopting a better posture in the desk and also adopting a better posture when I walk, I had to stop practice handstand for a couple of time and build up again slowly and also when I change my head posture to neutral(looking to the front) in handstand, instead of looking down to floor the pain just disappear.

Edited by chuchodani
  • Upvote 1