Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobility and flexibility workouts

Barboy

Hey guys!

I've never really prioritized mobility and flexibility until now.. Before, all I did was some (rarely) stretches and some shoulder dislocates as a warmup. But now I wanna increase my flexibility and mobility dramatically, but how should I approach this? Should I split it into lower body and upper body? Into muscle groups?

I wanna work on it for at least 30 minutes every day!

Also, is there any good sources of mobility work? Any links?

Thanks! :)

Mark Balsom

Hi there Barboy,

I'm assuming you have Foundation? If so...

What i've done personally is list out all the mobility >IMs for all the F elements (F1 through to F4). On a particular mobility session I feel like doing I'll go through for instance the first 15IMs, one set of each for the RC>IMs and the HBP>IMs (they work well together). Another great combination is working IM's from MN, FL and SL together (for example; 1 set of each IM's for 5 exercises = 15 exercises total). I don't really structure this I just play around with them throughout the day or whatever I feel like (with good results nonetheless) but if you want to seriously work on your mobility you could structure this and program it into your weeks schedule, even on a daily basis. If you do please show me how you've put things together =)

There are tons of great flexibility resources out there but Coach only uses the best and most potent exercises and they're all layed out there for you so USE THEM.

Stay safe about using >IM's ahead of your level, be smart here.

If you don't have Foundation well I advise either you start or someone will give you other resources, I'll only speak of what I work with =)

Have a great day and work smart!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mark! But unfortunately, I do not have the Foundation series, but I still appreciate your post! :)

My problem is that I don't know how to approach mobility and flexibilty. Are there certain golden rules to follow? How long to hold a stretch? Should I split it into lower and upper body or muscle groups, or even full body? I think full body will take too much time as I want be very serious with my mobility/flexibility work, and not something to do for 10 minutes after my regular workouts.

Klemen Bobnar

If you are completely new to something, you should look for a comprehensive guide on the subject - a book or a video course. There's only so much one can write in a forum post and you'll only get bits and pieces, not the whole.

I'd recommend books from Kelly Starrett. GB also has a Stretch course coming out in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

There are 43 pages of threads in this forum on this topic... identify your deficiences and get to correctin' :)

• Upvote 1

Riku Calderón

Hi there Barboy,

I'm assuming you have Foundation? If so...

What i've done personally is list out all the mobility >IMs for all the F elements (F1 through to F4). On a particular mobility session I feel like doing I'll go through for instance the first 15IMs, one set of each for the RC>IMs and the HBP>IMs (they work well together). Another great combination is working IM's from MN, FL and SL together (for example; 1 set of each IM's for 5 exercises = 15 exercises total). I don't really structure this I just play around with them throughout the day or whatever I feel like (with good results nonetheless) but if you want to seriously work on your mobility you could structure this and program it into your weeks schedule, even on a daily basis. If you do please show me how you've put things together =)

There are tons of great flexibility resources out there but Coach only uses the best and most potent exercises and they're all layed out there for you so USE THEM.

Stay safe about using >IM's ahead of your level, be smart here.

If you don't have Foundation well I advise either you start or someone will give you other resources, I'll only speak of what I work with =)

Have a great day and work smart!

Great post!

• Upvote 1