Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beginning Shoulder Stand on Rings

Propertius

Propertius

I've just started working this, with feet on straps and rings very close to the ground. I'm reasonably stable.

I can do 3-5 headstand pushups against the wall, and can hold a free handstand (when I'm lucky) for 10s.

I don't have anywhere near the strength to press from shoulderstand to handstand. Anyway, I plan to keep working headstand pushups until they get to full rom.

In the meantime, is it productive to press (isometrically, since I'm not strong enough to move) while in shoulerstand position on the rings, just to start working on strength in that position? If so, what would be the best way to program it?

Thanks for any advice!

First thing would be going from shoulderstand to L sit or shoulderstand to L hang. Rotate backwards by tucking or piking your legs and back into the support or roll fowards and control the descent.

You can also work climbing up into the HS on rings or bent arm pressing it from a jump. Start working HSPU negatives ( to shoulderstand on the rings.

As well you should probably work the shoulderstand on rings in tuck without the use of the straps.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to ride on this topic, I'll like to know what kind of workout I can do on the rings that target mainly on the shoulders? I'm doing most of the other workouts like lever progressions, dips and others, but I feel they mainly hit on the triceps, pecs, biceps and core, not feeling that much on my shoulders.

Sorry to ride on this topic, I'll like to know what kind of workout I can do on the rings that target mainly on the shoulders? I'm doing most of the other workouts like lever progressions, dips and others, but I feel they mainly hit on the triceps, pecs, biceps and core, not feeling that much on my shoulders.

Page 59 to 88.

I din managed to get the book bro, only the rings. lol. would you mind helping out, what kinda exercises are there in those pages? :D

I din managed to get the book bro, only the rings. lol. would you mind helping out, what kinda exercises are there in those pages? :D

Planches, planche pushup variations, HSPUs, press handstand variations, etc. dips

On the topic of planche, I've been working on it on ground, would it be better if I start working em on rings and stop working on ground or would you suggest working on both?

On the topic of planche, I've been working on it on ground, would it be better if I start working em on rings and stop working on ground or would you suggest working on both?

Both is good.

I've found rings only transfers over well to pbars/floor. Not vice versa though

Alright cool, guess I'll start working em on the rings. Btw, when I'm doing flys on the rings, I realized that my arms can't really straighten out and could not open up all the way. I guess iz bcoz my pecs are not strong enough, but I've been experiencing pain in my elbow, I'll like to know if that's normal or is it due to bad form?