Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Y Scale pistol squat?

Daniel Burnham

Daniel Burnham

What benefit does this pistol squat variation have over the regular pistol?

Not sure if it really does. It's not too bad of you are reasonable strong with pistols. I was not able to balance any fully. Really it's just weird to hold the y scale.

Cole Dano

I've seen it done like that in yoga. However, as a strength builder, I'd think working an active leg left would be more beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...
Ciaran Regan

That hip alignment looks way off towards the bottom of the squat as well as unstable. Dangerous me thinks.

Daniel Burnham

That hip alignment looks way off towards the bottom of the squat as well as unstable. Dangerous me thinks.

I don't think it's dangerous. I can do it without loosing balance now. It's just a neat trick

Ciaran Regan

I don't think it's dangerous. I can do it without loosing balance now. It's just a neat trick

Certainly not dangerous for someone with well conditioned joints and proprioception. The alignment just looked a bit off at the bottom of the squat and perhaps too much bounce to get back into standing. 

Coach Sommer

I will be impressed when you can do that SLS variation while holding the other leg that high; without your hand assisting. :)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 3