Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OAP and free HSPU strength program

Shimmy

Alessandro Mainente

If you are asking someone to write a perfect personalized program to get those skills I don't think you will find here the answer.

The best thing you can do is look for foundations 1-2-3-4 and H1 . F series that provide the basis for OAP and the strength to develop HSPU , H1 is suggested to build up the "free" part of free hspu.

• Upvote 1

Douglas Wadle

i used to do convict conditioning which works toward those skills.  it was better than nothing, but doesnt hold a candle to the programming here.  as unoriginal as it sounds, get foundation.

OAP is relatively easy to do, almost everyone who can do about 5x10 pushups can do it within a couple trys once they figure out their balance, and its not really anything special once you can dip 50kg, honestly your strength will not go up much doing 1arm pushups unlike 1 arm chinups.

He means one arm pull-up for OAP and also 5x10 push-ups won't give you enough strength to do a legs together one arm push-up with no sideways torso rotation.

Matthew Proulx

My bad, thought he meant push. I learned one arm push-up by spreading my legs and moving them in as I found my balance, took a few try's after that it's just working on not rotating torso. Anyways I'd learn one arm chin first, it's more natural.

Merunas Astrauskas

For HSPU, you need a good handstand as a prerequisite. At least 60 seconds freestanding. After that you can build up your strength by doing a lot of negatives.