Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which is harder?

Hayden Whealing

Hayden Whealing

Just out of curiosity, witch is harder:

iron cross or inverted cross and.........

planche (on rings) or maltese

Maltese is rated a D currently while a cross is a B and an invert cross HS is a a C and planche is a C ( straddle planche is a B like V-sit ).

Iron Cross, then Invert Cross, then planche, then Maltese. However, cross and invert cross are different than planche and maltese since they are vertical and not horizontal ( in regards to leverage ).

Inverted cross is harder than iron cross for sure.

Maltese is harder than a planche... I think.

Edit. Blair beat me to it.

It's not so simpl :lol:

Even an iron cross can be D value (allfrom elites are D), and maltese can be D or F, like planche can be C, D or even E (Gelder's new element, wich we saw in Europeans.

That's one thing, second thing is personal. From person to person. For me is easier back roll to maltese F then straight body pull to inverted from iron cross E.

Almost all elements are ranked as they should be (I don't know why is gelder just E :roll: :roll: ),...

I'm curious about jovtcevs lower slowly to inverted pull back to maltese how well do you think that is rated? Because i've only seen him do it

I know it's E value i was just thinking (since i wouldnt have anything to compare it with :P ) do you think it's rated properly or should be harder?

I know it's E value i was just thinking (since i wouldnt have anything to compare it with :P ) do you think it's rated properly or should be harder?

No, it's ok. M opinion is that just gelder should be F and straight pull from dead hang to the iron cros could be an E.

I'm glad FIG rised tucked double double from D to E (althou I'm not doing it :mrgreen: ).

• 3 weeks later...
Wangtang6911

Like Gregor has said, its different for everyone.

Personally, I think that legs together planche is harder than a maltese, but there are people that are the other way around.

Generally though, I think inverted cross is harder than a regular cross because in an invert cross, you have to worry about balance also.

Like Gregor has said, its different for everyone.

Personally, I think that legs together planche is harder than a maltese, but there are people that are the other way around.

Generally though, I think inverted cross is harder than a regular cross because in an invert cross, you have to worry about balance also.

Inverted is MANY times harder... not only because of hte balance but because of the strength required in much smaller muscles (upper traps, delts, biceps, forearms) compared to cross (lats, chest, biceps, forearms).

If' it's harder, why gymnasts do often very long inverted cross and very short iron cross ?

How much skill transfert is there from regular cross to inverted?

For example, 10 sec of iron cross can raise your ability to hold a better inverted?

Wangtang6911

For example, 10 sec of iron cross can raise your ability to hold a better inverted?

I don't think it works like that.

Like someone has said above, an invert cross utilizes different muscles. There are different ways to do an invert cross, but they are all equally hard.

One way, you can do it like Jovtchev and really just arch your back a lot, but that still requires a lot more shoulder and upper chest strength than in a cross.

The other way I have seen it done is from handstand position, but this would require a ton of the upper back muscles not used in a cross.

The hardest thing for me for an inverted cross is the locking point. In a cross, I can just drop down until my shoulders lock and I can hold it. For an invert cross, I can't find for that locking point for the life of me.

For all intents and purposes there is no skill transfer. Different skills altogether.

Maltese and planche help more with inverted than cross does.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone of you guys provide a link to a page with them skills and their ratings? I'm unable to locate them on FIG's webpage and the one's on drillsandskills do end with an E, and seem to be missing some skills, esp. the named ones.

Anyhow I didn't figger that planche is that hard, harder than a cross and for some as hard as a maltese, I assume that on the p-bars it isn't as hard as on the rings, but god damn anyway.

Cheers,

Chris