Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Underhand grip iron-cross?

fiti987

from 0:50, but the whole video is brutal.

Has anyone seen anything like an underhand grip cross?

GoldenEagle

Brutal refers to injuries!

Duh. I have taken some brutal falls as an aggressive in-line skater. But never managed to "Rack" myself though.

Alessandro Mainente

Difficult to say if he will get an injury or not. there is one evidence. his support hold position is wrong, is easy think that without correct XR support he is not providing necessary elbow preparation for iron cross.

Jeff Walker

Man, you guys are Brutal.  I give that guy props.  From the looks of it, his elbows look prepared to me and I would be willing to bet that a proper Support position wouldn't be difficult for him. 

Dimitar Grozev

When did everybody become GST experts? So now people can spot a weak tendon from a video?

Spending $240 on a gymnastics course makes you an expert?

• Upvote 3

Biren Patel

When did everybody become GST experts? So now people can spot a weak tendon from a video?

Spending $240 on a gymnastics course makes you an expert?

"Yesterday my friend was doing an iron-cross on aerial straps and got himself a sternal fracture.

He was supported with the straps around his elbows so it wasn't a full position. In addition, his chest was out, his scapulae elevated and his grip rotated (palms upwards)."

"

Guys, please remember that this was not a normal IC position. It was arched, with scaps elevated and arms externally rotated. Every biomechanical way to make this position as dangerous as possible was present except for throwing the head back, and that was likely happening as well,since it's hard to arch with your head down..

This is not what we recommend here,in fact it's pretty much the exact opposite."

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9470-sternal-fracture-during-iron-cross/

Spending money on a program doesn't make us experts, but heeding the advice of people who have been in the business for 30 years probably shows good demonstration of common sense.

Joakim Andersson

Man, you guys are Brutal.

The GB community is hard to impress. :) I like that.

Mikkel Ravn

Really, let the guy do his thing. Who cares if he gets injured?

He's probably not listening in on this conversation, which is a total waste of time.

Tbh, he does some insane shit. If he´d get injured he´d still have done some insane shit. Stuff I will probably never be able to do anyway and most of people on this planet and in here probably never will be able to do either.