Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to slim legs?

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Hi.I 'm sorry if here is not the place for this topic.Basically im interested in handbalancing and levers type of training.In the past i've squat a lot to build a veryical and i succeed but recently i wanted to become better in hands movement.I noticed that in isolated exercises,bands etc im stronger than my friends but because of didfrent composition in their legs they do better on the levers.So is there anything i can do? I will lose some weight but my legs arent fat they have muscle..any ideas? Cardio, spesific exercices with much reps idk.Thanks!

GoldenEagle

First off:

Muscle atrophy occurs when you don't train your muscles to the same extent as you have been or had been doing.

To answer your question: Don't train your legs as much as you have been.

Andrew Long

Would it work to overtrain your legs so the muscles break down as well? Just and idea I have no idea about the physiology of it all. So if anyone would like to explain it that would be awesome :D

• Upvote 1

Delyan Dido Dimitrov

Yes i was thinking about long distance runners but i think if i overdo the legs i wont have any energy to strength training,low T and stuff.Maybe its a bad idea i have to just stop acrobatics and squats for some time like Eagle suggest.

David McManamon

In terms of hand balancing, improved flexibility will allow you to keep your weight more centered so your legs will feel much lighter as you straddle and pike press and do other transitions.  I would be more concerned with flexibility in the hips and shoulders than quitting leg work. In terms of levers, many athletes with developed legs do great.

• Upvote 2

Karl Kallio

Would you really want to give up acrobatics just to (maybe) speed up progress on levers? That sort of seems like a sad compromise.  Maybe you could cut back on squats if you are just doing it to get big muscles, and spend the energy working on the progressions that build towards levers.  There are several threads about big/tall people being able to do GST including levers and stuff.