Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

lever ups

georgepk

straddle levers to handstand?

excuse me George but do you mean straddle planche or straddle press to handstand?

Edward Smith

hey george,

now that we've cleared that up let's move on.

i asked coach a similar question, 'how do you progress from headstand to handstand leg raises' just in case you don't know those are both pike presses one from headstand the other from handstand used in a conditioning sense (here's the link http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29 ).

I've been trying to get the handstand leg raise for a couple of weeks now. personally coach's response wasn't that productive for me, that isn't really the right way to put it it's just that that's the i'd always planned to do it conditioning wise against a wall. i personally have the bad habit of digging my neck into the wall and using my neck strength to assist me ( a very bad habit :? ) which i have to monitor carefully. just something to think about. but george what is making it feel weird? just a weird position? not strong enough? something else?

pretty much i'd just suggest following coach's post and just expirement a bit. i know this a very long response for the very little information it gives but that's just the way i write sorry.

Ed

The Coach's method works very well. It's all down to getting the hand distance away from the wall just right to suit your current level of strength. I do mine on long parallettes, having something to grip hard onto helps a little I think.

Paul.

ok thanks guys , been and tryed reps of levers against wall and feels good so ill keep with that cheers