Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advice on Integrated training

alimac

Just wanted some advice on timings when doing static work integrated with strength work.

OK for straight static work I know the formula - divide max hold time by 2 and work up to 60 secs total (In my case 12 sets of 5 seconds).

But if I'm integrating my Lsit work with a core execrise I'm doing 3 sets of core work so how do I integrate my Lsit work into that? Do I do 3 sets of my maximum hold time or am I still dividing my max hold by 2?

Also should I be doing 1 set of Lsits followed by 1 set of core exercise or should I be doing all my Lsits then all my core exercises?

Thanks for any advice.

The best part of integrated training is how much time you save because you're alternating between the two exercises. So you're getting a bit of rest from one while you work on the other. But you should still be doing a total of 60 seconds of static holds.

So using your example, I would do 4 sets of L-sit, then do 1 set of core work, then repeat the cycle 3 more times. I try to keep my rest between sets from 45-60 seconds.

Or you could do 3 sets of L-sit, 1 set of core work, repeat 3 times, then do 3 more sets of L-sits. Personally this is what I do for my planche training. I think it's up to you how you want to mix the 2 workouts.