Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weak Abs and lower back, any programs to fix this ?

maximus

Hi Coach and everyone ! this is my first topic and i don't know if i'm on the proper board.

I have a little problem with my lower back and abs, the fact is, they are quite weak compare to the other muscles, and then, slowing my progression ( handstand, my back is to arched, and some troubles with the planches work ).

I really need to fix this, 'cause i don't want to hurt my back and get more stable for critical positions.

So, i'm looking for a great abs and lower back training program to fix this problem.

I'm open to any advices and programs !

thanks !

Do some basic progressions for hang and support L. Do either tuck holds or tuck ups. Work superman ( arch hold ) holds, rocks or lifts. Work Headstand leg lifts. Do body levers in tuck as a hold or raise. Hollow holds and rocks are ok like planks.

Basic skin the cats work well as well. If necessary, add in some deadlifts of some kind.

Squeezing your butt helps to eliminate the arch in the back. Remember correct shoulder extension aswell in the handstand.

For progressions of exercises including core pick up coach's book. It has everything you will need.

All the best.

Thanks for the reply guys ! That will help.

Yep, i allready have Coach's great book, but i was mainly looking for a kind of program ( wich exercises and numbers of répétitions each days to make that late disapear)

( also i stopped working Tuck v-ups, 'cause each time i'm training with these, i can hear a strange noise from my lower back, and feel something strange between the L5 or L4.. i'm actually waiting to see the doc for that.) Anyway i don't think i got some deceases or something cause i don't feel any pain.

. My coach at the gym said it's only a lack of abs and lower back, other said my legs ( and also upper body )are too strong compare to the middle ( wich is obviously one of the most important point to get strong first. )

One thing is for sure, i made a mistake working less on the abs and lower back, and now i'm starting pay this ! : )

your arch in HS may simply be not knowing how to position the body correctly in the HS.

Pull your belly button towards your posterior side and squeeze your cheeks ( roll your hips under, pelvic tilt )

lay on the ground on your stomach, squeeze your cheeks and try to pull your belly button off the ground. that's the position.

Thanks you very much for the advice Blairbob, i'll try that today ! : )

Can't wait to get a proper HS, so i can try it on p-bars.