Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hows My Plan ?

Supercyril

Hi guys,

Ive been training away on my own for a little while now and i thought id better get my very basic plan looked at.

I currently train 3 Days a week (By the way a week is 8 days to me as im a shift worker) with the rest of my training being taken up with conditioning & core. I am looking towards training 4 days a week now (day on day off) but i dont want to add more to a bad plan.

Plan is as follows;

4 sets of everything, 2 exercises grouped together.

Elevated HeSPU

Pullups

Pushups XR Bulgarian

Rows XR Elevated

Jumping XR Muscle ups

One legged squats

Dips XR

GHR

Then Static Holds 10 sets.

Day1- L sit & Back lever tuck

Day2- MSH bent & Front lever tuck

Day3 - Straddle L low & Frog Stand

Whats your thoughts, right track or miles away?

Thanks

Chris

Supercyril,

My best advice for you would be to purchase Coach Sommer's book "Building the Gymnastic Body" if you do not already have it. It will certainly help you out with programming and much much more.

As far as your plan goes I personally think it is rather a lot....but everyone responds differently to training. Firstly, the pairing of exercises is not how coach recommends. He pairs exercises in the folllowing way:

Vertical push and pull

Horizontal push and pull

Core with legs.

You have paired the first four exercises correctly, but maybe have a core exercise paired with legs. The dips and muscle ups are two additional upper body exercises and the dips aren't balanced against a suitable pull.

Hope this helps a bit...I find it hard to explain what I mean though. My best advice is get the book if you don't already have it. :D

Regards.

He also recommends working with 2-3 sets which is a slightly lower volume.

Thanks Gymrob,

I do have the book,i suppose im just trying to ballance things out time wise.

A conditioning session for me lasts around 30mins so core training fits in nicely in my available time which is usually an hour.

This is why i have grouped the last 4 exercises(m/ups,squats,dips &GHR) in that way instead of core & legs as suggested.

One of my main concerns is the way i am repeating the same workout over & over. Is this ok? I dont have a problem with it as i am enjoying it but i wish to gain at my optimum rate.

I hope this is making sense :?

Thanks

Chris