Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS Micro-adjusting Technique

Rajan Shankara

Rajan Shankara

While playing around after F and H a few sessions ago, i found myself in a HS that was perhaps longer than ever. I usually go forward or backwards after 30 seconds, but this time my legs ended up pushing against each other and feeling solid as if one leg. My fingertips were involved with the normal micro adjustments but when i started to fall i just squeezed my legs tight against each other and i remain still and solid. 

Anyone else experience this micro adjusting with legs? This technique is prolonging my handstand to 1.5  minutes each time and making each attempt successful for about 5 or 6 rounds until my arms say "no more pls."

• Upvote 3

I would guess because you are keeping your body rigid so that it remains in a straight line above your wrists and shoulders. When I fall out of a handstand it is because my line breaks down from me midsection or my legs sway making it incredibly more difficult on my wrists and shoulders to keep alignment.

H1 will fix this though :)

Benjamin Witkowski

Good job finding this correction.  What is awesome is when your body does it unconsciously.  When you keep at it for a while, your body will just know how to make all these corrections and you won't have to think about it.

Emmet Doherty

The adductors are tied into the core muscles via the deep front fascial line. Turning them on will in turn irradiate the core musculature.

Rajan Shankara

The adductors are tied into the core muscles via the deep front fascial line. Turning them on will in turn irradiate the core musculature.

I have no idea what you just said, but it sounds like good stuff.  

That's great, but what will you do during a straddle HS?

For me, not sure about whats real here but for me, straddle HS is easy to balance, for however long my upper body can.

Good job finding this correction.  What is awesome is when your body does it unconsciously.  When you keep at it for a while, your body will just know how to make all these corrections and you won't have to think about it.

Exactly So.