Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does trampolining integrate well with Foundation Series?

Kate Abernethy

Kate Abernethy

I (desk patrol zombie) am looking at trampolining, at a club, as a way of getting moving rather than doing specific gymnastic moves and was wondering whether it would be a good thing to do in tandem with Foundation training. Your thoughts on this are very welcome.

Piotr Ochocki

I'd say anything not hampering your progress with Fseries (as long F is your priority) could be fine, other important factors I would say would be - it is something you like or like to try, is acceptably safe for you and (especially in case of trampolining) you can learn it in a controlled env - then why not.

Have fun, be safe :).

Don't forget to submit your form checks when you will be doing those doubles, etc ;).

• Upvote 1

James Janssen

A while ago I made an airsense thread, looking at possibilities to increase aerial awareness. Answers were that the trampoline would be the most accesible mean to do so. Since (foundational) GST focusses on strength and endurance, I think the trampoline is a great addition to also gradually increase the airsense aspect of gymnastics. I since joined a club and it has been great   :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
David Creekmore

I do 30-60 minutes of coached trampoline practice a week.  It's incredibly helpful to learn how to move and be aware of my body in space.

It fits nicely because it's basically mostly skill, cardio and legs.  I do it on a rest day.

• Upvote 2