Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazing balancing performance by Cai Yong

Randeep Walia

This is so old, lol. I'm pretty sure everyone has already seen this.

Still a great performance though, I've watched it several times. :)

Connor Davies

Every so often someone comes along who reminds me that not only am I not flexible, I don't even know the limits of flexible.

The crazy balancing is just icing on the cake.

• 3 weeks later...

Every so often someone comes along who reminds me that not only am I not flexible, I don't even know the limits of flexible.

The crazy balancing is just icing on the cake.

dont forget the strength and endurance :P . man this is crazy ive watched this at least 10 times now

Connor Davies

Don't forget the strength and endurance :P

First full lay erbs I've ever seen.  Not to mention that one hollowback press he does.  Blows everything I've ever seen out of the water.

First full lay erbs I've ever seen. Not to mention that one hollowback press he does. Blows everything I've ever seen out of the water.

There's no erb in that video just normal planche presses.

Connor Davies

There's no erb in that video just normal planche presses.

3:37.  I was under the impression those were called erbs...

3:37. I was under the impression those were called erbs...

Erbs are something Coach Sommer made up.

HS, Lower to planche, planche push up, planche press. Repeat.

Connor Davies

Erbs are something Coach Sommer made up.

HS, Lower to planche, planche push up, planche press. Repeat.

Like how he used to call HBP bowers?  He invented the name, not the exercise itself.  And there was never a planche pushup involved.  By my, and Coach Sommers, definition of an Erb, Cai Yong demonstrated them.  And better than anyone I've ever seen.

Look, I'm all for arguing semantics, but I'm not sure what your point is here....

Michaël Van den Berg

From p. 88 of BtGB:

"Erbs

Beginning from a handstand, lower to a planche. On reaching the planche
position, perform a planche pushup. Be sure to maintain the same body angle
during the planche pushup that was present in the static planche. Upon
finishing the planche pushup and once again reaching the planche, planche
press back to handstand."

Connor Davies

From p. 88 of BtGB:

Okay, so it's been a while since I picked up my copy of BtGB.  But again, I'm not sure what your point is.  Call it a planche press handstand if you want, (hell, call it a single leg squat if you want) the label merely represents the thing, it's not the thing itself.  And what the thing is, is very nicely done.  Better than I've ever seen.

Michaël Van den Berg

There is no point (at least from my part) ;) I just wanted to provide the definition of Erbs from BtGB so you guys can go on discussing it.

Chris Aldersley

How have I never seen that video before. Thats the most impressive act I've ever seen. 

What do you call those splits-to-standing adduction/squat moves (@4min and a couple other times), couldn't believe my eyes

Biren Patel

There is a documentary of chinese circus floating around on Youtube somewhere. I don't even know what to search to get it, I just stumbled across one day. It shows Cai Yong training as a chlid. It looked is incredibly brutal. 10+ Pike press HS in a row while Cai Yong is crying, planche after planche after planche, plenty of mexican handstands too with his feet going all the way to the floor :blink:. and plenty of getting belittled by his coach and uncle. If I remember correctly, his parents are blind, too. on top of that, it was always the impression that he didn't like circus, and he would get scolded for eating too much and not training on holidays.

Behind all the success, it looks like a very rough childhood.