Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand question?

puppetmaster

puppetmaster

I've been working HS holds for the last two weeks and my triceps are really sore. Is that normal?

puppetmaster

I'm new to doing HS, so i don't know if it's normal to feel them in your triceps. My triceps probably are weak, due to me starting to train again. I thought I read on here that you can practice HS everyday. I was just wondering was it normal to feel it in my triceps. It doesn't feel bad, it just feels like I've done 50 kickbacks

Are your arms straight? Your shoulders open?

With good posture there shouldn't be much load on the triceps.

puppetmaster

Now that i think about it..it doesn't start happening until i start to come down and i still try to hold myself up as long as possible

• 4 months later...
puppetmaster

I have been doing HS on the parallettes for the last month. The problem I am having is i can not extend my arms fully...Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nick Van Bockxmeer
I have been doing HS on the parallettes for the last month. The problem I am having is i can not extend my arms fully...Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sounds like a lack of shoulder flexibility?

actually its much harder on a parallettes.

Gravity is very much against you, plus you're actually using alot of strength just pushing yourself off the parallettes.

At this stage i'm so weak that i can only do a head stand even against the wall.

It typically is easier to balance a HS on parallettes than floor. However, this is with practice of course.

If your shoulder angle isn't open, it's gonna be just as hard to do it on floor than parallettes.

Weib, I will comment on your HS in your other thread.

• 2 weeks later...
puppetmaster

sounds like a lack of shoulder flexibility?

hey nickvb...My flexibility is okay, it seems like I don't have the strength to fully extend...without the parallette-it's not a problem.

When I start on the parallettes (kicking myself up against the wall) I can only hold it with full arms for a nano second, then I sink down with my head below parallettes. Will i may progress this way if i continue?