Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Omega-3 Fish Oil Recommendation

Alan Tseng

Andrew Graham

aaaaaaaAHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAH!! rihoZN !! I DO BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN RUMBLED!! BUUSSTTEEDDD!!

Yeah after reading all of that, he does sound proper dodgy!....After all, what company doesn't like advertisement??

Mikkel Ravn

aaaaaaaAHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAH!! rihoZN !! I DO BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN RUMBLED!! BUUSSTTEEDDD!!

Yeah after reading all of that, he does sound proper dodgy!....After all, what company doesn't like advertisement??

Bad company.

This 100% natural product consist: Fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, natural tocopherol (antioxidant), lemon oil, vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). Product has ISO sertificate.

Nutritional value of 7.5 ml and 12 ml: the energy value of 61.5 kJ 98.4 kcal/258 kcal/412 8 kJ Fatty acids: saturated 1,523 mg 2,437 mg 2,563 mg 4,100 mg of monounsaturated   omega-9 which is 1918 mg 3069 mg Polyunsaturated 1747 mg of 2796 mg of  Omega-3, which is a 1549 mg of 2478 mg  of which C20: 5 (EPA) 802 mg 1283 mg of the   which the C22: 6 (DHA) 427 mg 683 mg of the polyphenols of 1.3 mg to 2.0 mg of Vitamin D3 ( 125% of the RDA?), 6.3 mcg (200% RDA) of 10 ug

As I wrote before I have psoriatic arthritis and about five- six years ago it really flared up in my joints so I couldn't exercise (martial arts) anymore and two years ago patches started appearing on my skin and under nails- my diagnosis code was L40.0(-). I`m a really big sceptic and tried this product only because of the possibility to control its effect with a blood test from an independent leading laboratory.  Now I`m all OK and my doctor was shocked. I know a lot of people who have gotten rid of their lifestyle diseases and this is the first time I have seen that theory and practice are unified and veritable: and again if you hold a ratio of 3:1 or lower then all lifestyle diseases (skin, joints, asthma, allergies, diabetes 2, high blood pressure, thyroid, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, weight-loss, alzheimer`s and so on) will start disappearing.

Andrew Graham

So, for those of us who can't get our hands on wild caught fish......what is the best Omega 3 food to go with? Because i have heard so much about farmed fish and scottish slamon farms run really poorly by norwegian companies that i'm not sure what to do.....and what about antarctic krill oil ??...any advice?

Andrew Graham

I much prefer to get my intake from real food, i find taking pills uncomfortable and off-putting. So, that being said, what are the forums recommendations for good quality canned sardines??

thanks all

Best Omega 3 fish are organic fatty fish: salmon, mackerel, herring, trout. But as our food mostly contains Omega 6, which of course is also important, then our bodies become imbalanced: people from North Europe have an average Omega 6:Omega 3 ratio of 15:1 and it stays high. In the USA blood tests show an average ratio that is twice higher. The ratio must be 3:1 or lower and when somebody promises this then there must be a possibility to control the effects with a blood test and specifically not their own but one from a recognised independent laboratory. Eating fatty fish isn`t enough, because then we’d have to eat properly raised fish about 3kg per week, which most people are unable to do. How big a dosage of the oil you need to take daily depends on your weight. I weigh 75kg and my daily dose is 75x0,15=11,25ml (about 12ml).

As for not taking supplements, I thought same way, that by watching what I eat I’d be fine, but I still ended up with psoriatic arthritis.

Basically you need to follow three rules:

1.      Eat a diet rich in Omega 3 and low in carbohydrates. Include fatty fish, fruits, salads, vegetables, nuts and in general organic foods, when possible.

2.      Use the right Omega 3 product.

3.      Exercise.

Colin Macdonald

But as our food mostly contains Omega 6...

Lets assume that the hypothesis of omega rat ratios is correct, even though it's still a contested idea (though one I'm inclined to myself). The problem here is that the excess of omega-6s in modern diets isn't in all food, it's just particularly high in refined seed oils. While I suppose it's theoretically possible that you could pour fish oil on everything to make up the balance. It seems far more logical to me to address the real problem and cut out the excessive consumption of seed oils found in industrial pre-prepared food. If you cut out all that stuff, you can easily make up any imbalances with a very moderate consumption of whole fish in your diet.

I'm also not sure I'm all for the process of farming fish just to grind up and extract the oil, the sustainability seems dubious. It seems like a really messed up process in which producers go get fish to grind them up to make food to grow... fish (along with grains and other fillers, though it appears that farmed shrimp live exclusively on chicken shit and antibiotics). I'm much happier just eating the fish, than engaging in some fucked up mobius strip production chain.

what are the forums recommendations for good quality canned sardines??

I agree regarding supplementation, I eat them fresh, but that may not always be possible. If I were you I'd try and find them packed in water in glass jars. If they come packed in suspect oils of unknown origin, I'd steer clear.

• Upvote 1

Josh Schmitter
I agree regarding supplementation, I eat them fresh, but that may not always be possible. If I were you I'd try and find them packed in water in glass jars. If they come packed in suspect oils of unknown origin, I'd steer clear.

The Wild Planet brand is pretty good. Not the cheapest, but bpa free tins and they have sardines, anchovies, and others in water or olive oil.

You are right, real food is better, but I myself know only one person whose test shows very good results due to that. In my country its easier to find organic food, but I had to give up trying to eat purely organic foods because of the expense, which is not to say that I don’t them as much as possible. Fortunately this product is 100% natural (without GMO): mixed fish and olive oil + natural D vitamin and added taste from lemon or vanilla. All carbohydrates give us Omega 6 and Omega 3 we can get from organic fish which our body assimilates easier. Therefore with real food we can`t balance our Omega 6:Omega 3 ratio and need something in addition. At first I didn`t believe it, yet my blood tests (first test before using my ratio was 8,4:1, after four monthsit was 3,4:1 and after a year it was 1,6:1) have shown me it’s true. If my disease hadn’t disappeared I would’ve stopped using it. And I know now a lot of people who got their health back (living without lifestyle diseases- diabetes 2, asthma, high blood pressure, allergies etc.). Of course the decision is your own.

Colin Macdonald

All carbohydrates give us Omega 6

Uh... no. This is completely incorrect, maybe you're getting confused because some grains contain omega 6? Carbs and polyunsaturated fats are completely different things.

Biren Patel

The Wild Planet brand is pretty good. Not the cheapest, but bpa free tins and they have sardines, anchovies, and others in water or olive oil.

Mmm yea, Wild Planet. Their Tuna is some good stuff.

Now, I know some of you guys think I have a sardine obsession, but my top 3 pick for tastiest sardines goes to:

1) Crown Prince

2) King Oscar

3) Season

I usually buy Season in bulk because it's quality yet cheaper than Oscar and Prince and I eat a holy mother load of sardines. But if you're filthy rich or eat them occasionally, you really cannot go wrong with the pure heroin-like quality of Crown Prince.

Merunas Astrauskas

Has anyone heard anything about Mollers? it's the most available brand here and I can't find most of what's recommended on these boards.

mollers-producter.gif

TrojanHorse

Nordic Naturals is a good brand (try Amazon).  I've recently switched from fish oil to cod liver oil.  Cod liver oil is far superior in my opinion because it also contains fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K).  Good for hormone regulation too.

Over the world about 5000 Omega 3 producers. I`m sceptic and measure Omega 3 effect and Omega 6:3 ratio due to its importance. 

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.