Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advanced Muscleup

Jordi Van Gelder

Jordi Van Gelder

Hey

Well i wanted to know if weighted training its need to achieve wide muscle up or lsit muscle up? I don't have acces to many weights thats why i want to know a good training for this movements.

Thank you

Regards.

Connor Davies

I don't believe it's necessary, although it's probably a good training tool to use.

I'm assuming you can do L pullups, L dips and L support holds?  Perhaps even L Russian dips...

Seems to me like once you have all of those mastered, as well as muscleups, you shouldn't be too far off an L muscleup anyway.

Really though, you're on your own with the wide muscleups (at least until Coach releases the rings series....)

Hope someone else can help you!

Jorge Juan García

Si ya tienes el Muscle up estricto, podrías ir progresando hasta hacer series de 5 seguidos, con buena forma. Después complementar con Dominadas en anillas haciéndolas lo más abiertas posible y fondos búlgaros. Cuando hayas construido fuerza con esto podrías intentar varias negativas de wide muscle up lo más lentas posibles. Poco a poco debería salir la Skill.

El L-Muscle up pienso que es más dificil que el wide, y lo dejaría para después que domines este. Ya que requiere hacerlo sin inclinar el torso hacia delante.

Un saludo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If you already have strict Muscle up, you could be progressing to do sets of 5 in a row, with good form. After supplementing with wide pull ups on rings and Bulgarian dips. When you have built strength with this you could try several negative muscle up wide as slow as possible. Gradually should get the skill. 

The L-Muscle up I think it's more difficult than the wide, and then let you master this. Because it requires do not lean the torso forward. 

A greeting.

Alessandro Mainente

Refine a muscle up is more a process than a goal. foundations works in that way giving to you all the necessary elements and help to correctly reach and perform muscle ups, again as Daniel said, no weights are needed. bodyweight variation that works on leverage or increments of ROM are the secret to approach gradually the muscle up.  

• Upvote 1

Jorge Juan García

You're right, Foundation gives you all the tools. And progress in other skills will make you refine your MU. But it is also logical to think that maybe there are people who have more isolated targets, as one or two skills. Then, I think that a muscle up could be a goal.

Connor Davies

You're right, Foundation gives you all the tools. And progress in other skills will make you refine your MU. But it is also logical to think that maybe there are people who have more isolated targets, as one or two skills. Then, I think that a muscle up could be a goal.

No-ones denying that.  We only recommend Foundation because it works so well.

Although actually, strict muscleup work would belong in the RIngs series.

No-ones denying that. We only recommend Foundation because it works so well ... Although actually, strict muscleup work would belong in the RIngs series.

Preparation for effective muscle up training happens in Foundation. Note the emphasis on 'effective'.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

His being able to do a slow muscle up has nothing to do with your being able to do a slow muscle up.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

I understand your point, unfortunetely as I am experiencing in my adventure to the agonist gymnastic that do not exist in gymnastics an element that is stand alone, there is a movement X, the pre requisite of X and its subsequent. a failure in learning a pre requisite means to fail in the learn X, not only in terms of learning but also in terms of the joint preparation for something new. It' like the handstand, it's the basic movement of all more complex skills, tumbling, swinging, strength. see a skill as something separated is reductive and probably a loss of time.

• Upvote 5

Connor Davies

Preparation for effective muscle up training happens in Foundation. Note the emphasis on 'effective'.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I had assumed based on the parameters of the question that OP had already achieved some success with the muscleup.

Jorge Juan García

I understand your point, unfortunetely as I am experiencing in my adventure to the agonist gymnastic that do not exist in gymnastics an element that is stand alone, there is a movement X, the pre requisite of X and its subsequent. a failure in learning a pre requisite means to fail in the learn X, not only in terms of learning but also in terms of the joint preparation for something new. It' like the handstand, it's the basic movement of all more complex skills, tumbling, swinging, strength. see a skill as something separated is reductive and probably a loss of time.

Ok, Alex. I understand what you're saying, in gymnastics it's better to train all together, not separate items. And I agree with you.

Thanks for the answer

• 2 months later...
Ryan Trainor

For the L-muscle up is it better to continue dynamic repititions or mix in static L-sit training at the weakest points in the muscle up? My muscle up and L-sit are fairly stable on their own.