Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A great article about common shoulder mobility issues/injuries including ROM tests

Jeff Hali

This article is about overhead pressing , haven't read it all yet but I have tried the ROM tests and was quite surprised that I still have quite a way to go ( feels bad man + feels good man that I am more aware of it )

Thought some of your would enjoy the read :)

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/in_defense_of_overhead_lifting

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

And I quote:

.....research shows there's little to no correlation between postural alignment and muscle strength....

Would love to hear some more on this subject.

Keilani Gutierrez

And I quote:

.....research shows there's little to no correlation between postural alignment and muscle strength....

Would love to hear some more on this subject.

look at the word play. i mean sh%$, when you put it like that, anything sounds good on paper. :P

you need a good base to generate power from, which has it's balance between posture and muscular strength, yet the way it's presented either isn't too clear or maybe they just didn't use the right wording. 

Connor Davies

look at the word play. i mean sh%$, when you put it like that, anything sounds good on paper. :P

you need a good base to generate power from, which has it's balance between posture and muscular strength, yet the way it's presented either isn't too clear or maybe they just didn't use the right wording. 

I was more referring to the fact that in my experience, more strength = better postural alignment.  Being strong enough to hold the correct positions, plus having the awareness to even know which muscles to activate....

As someone who enjoyed powerlifting style workouts a few years ago in my teens, I can tell that my posture was horrible yet my lifting total was above 1k lbs.

Improving the posture and certain neglected/unbalanced muscles can surely increase your lifts , yet it is not a requirement for having the strength (this is how I understand it anyway,would love to see the hardcore movement geeks explain stuff anyway :) )