Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings One Spoiler

Scott Malin

Ralph Palutke

I'm sure that'll be provided within the course material, similar to how F1 + H1 programming is available through the H1 course.

Guess you're right, just being curious... :)

Joshua Slocum

would be nice to get some news about how to combine M,R, F and H programming or if we need to decide which programs we want to follow, because all of them would be to much...

Looking at the corequisites in the course curriculum, it looks like most of them are meant to be worked together rather than sequentially. E.g. Movement 1 has no prerequisites, but it has F1-3 and H1 as corequisites. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like it. I'm sure Coach will also reveal what he'd prefer regarding the order of the courses. While we can work R1 next to F3-F4, he did say that in a perfect world, people should finish F4 before moving to Rings. I doubt it would be the same for M1, but we never know.

Looks like it. I'm sure Coach will also reveal what he'd prefer regarding the order of the courses. While we can work R1 next to F3-F4, he did say that in a perfect world, people should finish F4 before moving to Rings. I doubt it would be the same for M1, but we never know.

It's always been intended that M1 should be worked alongside F1 and H1.

Ralph Palutke

Anyways, what is really ment by "R1 can be started after F2"?
Does it mean we have to completely master F2 (certificate level 2.0) or just that certain PE/SEs of R1 need certain prerequisits

from F2? E.g. R1's PE1 needs F2's RC/PE10 as a prerequisite.

Anyways, what is really ment by "R1 can be started after F2"?

Does it mean we have to completely master F2 (certificate level 2.0) or just that certain PE/SEs of R1 need certain prerequisits

from F2? E.g. R1's PE1 needs F2's RC/PE10 as a prerequisite.

You must completely finish F2. All of it.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if M1 is continuous.  Like Coach Sommer said in the Robb Wolf podcast, you wouldn't work on kipping pullups if you can't perform pull-ups.  So I wonder if there would be gaps between progressions until you wait for certain elements in Foundation to catch up.  Especially since M1 is suppose to be worked together with F1 all the way to F3.

See? We never know. :P Thanks Cory, that's good to know. Still have to wait until Spring anyway.

Whether or not Rings One comes out in spring depends entirely on the groundhog. I for one am hoping for continued cool weather in Arizona during February. :)

While R1 can certainly be worked after mastering F2, it will be a much easier process if F4 has been mastered first.

In a perfect world, your F4 materials should be the warmup and cool down for your ring strength.  

For example, each day my own athletes warmed up with seven 7m rope climbs; 1 triple and two doubles.  Note that this was not considered strength training per se; but merely warmup.  A triple is three laps up and down the rope without rest and a double is two trips up and down.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

Whether or not Rings One comes out in spring depends entirely on the groundhog. I for one am hoping for continued cool weather in Arizona during February. :)

I'm excited for all of this! peering into F1-4 has been a nice teaser for Seminar material, i'm just as stoked to get to see this new stuff in R1, H2 & the upcoming movement series. 

this is gonna be one really wild year :D

Keilani Gutierrez

While R1 can certainly be worked after mastering F2, it will be a much easier process if F4 has been mastered first.

In a perfect world, your F4 materials should be the warmup and cool down for your ring strength.  

For example, each day my own athletes warmed up with seven 7m rope climbs; 1 triple and two doubles.  A triple is three laps up and down the rope without rest and a double is two trips up and down.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

which is what I think you mean when you say that we should undergo Mastery of RC before working on(in this case) Bent Arm Ring Strength(which would be Muscle ups upto Rev Muscle up.)?

doesn't sound like a tall order at all, considering than from what you've asked from us in the forum's before.(RC before Muscle up, and I figured Straight arm to be no cake walk as well for the Biceps) so basically, you'd prefer for us to master all F & H, how would Movement fit into that? at least some level of proficiency or completely mastered? (if this can be answered through this medium)

Joshua Slocum

I'm excited for all of this! peering into F1-4 has been a nice teaser for Seminar material, i'm just as stoked to get to see this new stuff in R1, H2 & the upcoming movement series. 

this is gonna be one really wild year :D

What's going to be really wild is going to seminars in 3-4 years with people who've made it most of the way through the curriculum, and seeing what everyone is capable of. 

• Upvote 2

As stated in the GB Curriculum; M1 may begin immediately, M2 after F3 and M1 have been mastered, and M3 after M2 and F4 have been mastered.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Keilani Gutierrez

As stated in the GB Curriculum; M1 may begin immediately, M2 after F3 and M1 have been mastered, and M3 after M2 and F4 have been mastered.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

that was understood clearly, reading back, i don't think i was specific enough, how would you prefer going through the Movement Series in correlation with Rings? would it be your preference to master Movement 1-4 and then do Rings? 

Movement and Rings are not co-dependent upon each other but rather independently (within the weekly schedule) continue the training of separate attributes; ring strength continues the development of maximal strength and movement builds dynamic strength.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

What's going to be really wild is going to seminars in 3-4 years with people who've made it most of the way through the curriculum, and seeing what everyone is capable of.

In 3-4 years the seminars would take place at the National Championships because everyone participating in the Rings event would be from GB.

P.S. USA Gymnastics is considering renaming Rings event to Coach Sommers event

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Movement and Rings are not co-dependent upon each other but rather independently (within the weekly schedule) continue the training of separate attributes; ring strength continues the development of maximal strength and movement builds dynamic strength.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

thank you Coach, appreciate it :)

Back to work! 

I think he said somewhere else it will go through planche on rings to Maltese. I mean if you have a Maltese on rings how hard could a planche be....