Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings One Spoiler

Scott Malin

Joakim Andersson

but my reality is: Foundation 1 & Handstand 1!

Same here. It'll be really interesting to see the exercises and progressions though! There is no way I'd have the self control not to order every GB course on its release day.

• Upvote 2

Same here. It'll be really interesting to see the exercises and progressions though! There is no way I'd have the self control not to order every GB course on its release day.

Haha same here.  My thinking is if I can I might as well do it now because you never know what the situation will be in the future.  Not to look past all the incredible stuff being offered in Rings and H2 but I'm really looking forward to the movement series only because it's in my skill range (or so the course outline tells me)

• Upvote 1

Bill Köhntopp

Ok, rings 1. I'm highly excited about it, I even dream about it, and with my spanish friends we talk about get an inverted cross/matese, etc etc... but my reality is: Foundation 1 & Handstand 1! 

I foresee a lot of people injured because of this. Rings 1 it will be available to all, but because of the sexyness of rings skills I think a lot of people is going to buy Rings1 withouth the proper foundation made, with all the injuries related to that. Maybe this issue should be said more, because it is important.

Just too much black and white here imo. There is no real truth about things like that. Of course you can train on Rings without having F1, F2...theres no you can't! And yes of course the Coach is absolutley the man to ask about things like that, no discussion here.

BUT to my mind you always have a choice: train with brain!

If you are training for iron cross without a foundation, than you should think about that. 

There are a lot of people around that achieved incredible things without getting hurt on rings.

So i think if you want to train on rings, without ending F2 for example, you should, there's nothing wrong with it.

When you train smart, listen to your body!

Just my 2cents

For myself i will train on rings parallel to F1 when sun comes out. Because i love it and that's on of the reasons i do sport.

Daniel Burnham

Ok, rings 1. I'm highly excited about it, I even dream about it, and with my spanish friends we talk about get an inverted cross/matese, etc etc... but my reality is: Foundation 1 & Handstand 1!

I foresee a lot of people injured because of this. Rings 1 it will be available to all, but because of the sexyness of rings skills I think a lot of people is going to buy Rings1 withouth the proper foundation made, with all the injuries related to that. Maybe this issue should be said more, because it is important.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

We can tell people exactly how to prepare themselves. I hope people will stay humble instead of trying to show off.

I am going to buy everything as soon as it is out ( assuming I have the funds) but more out of curiosity and so I can see what sort of skills I will have in the future but I won't be training something I'm not ready for, that would just be stupid, especially considering the amount of topics on here about Injury, prehab and being prepared for harder exercises by not over reaching because you want to do something flashy now.

I trust that if coach says f2 is the minimum required to start rings then that's what I will master before training rings. Although I will definitely mess around with some elements on a rest day once in a while ;p.

Honestly if people have read even some of the posts on these forums they will know what the general consensus is when it comes to training, injury aand progression and if they decide that they don't want to listen then it is probably a good thing because maybe they will learn once they actually get injured or plateau and have to start over.

• Upvote 2

I'll be continuing with light rings after foundation work and strictly at recreational level until i finish off F2. Bent arm would be fine, but not straight arm, and there's.no point trying to separate the streams and expecting.it to work as planned.

No structured or intense rings till then. Well. I'll value it more when i do tick that last box :)

• Upvote 1

I thought you finished f2 already? What elements are you working now Jon?

Last F2 planche element is giving me grief-- issue with external rotation and pec activation. Have it worked out over the past couple weeks, but hopefully that does not mean i have to start over building strength with it! Hoping to be finished with it for R1 release, but as long as it takes right...

I will do my 2.0 test when i master this one. Crazy how pulling dominant I am, but now is a great time to close the gap~~

• Upvote 1

Since R1 is coming out, I naturally assume that we would at least need rings for the exercises.  Would the release date of R1 coincide with GB re-releasing the GB Rings?

Connor Davies

Since R1 is coming out, I naturally assume that we would at least need rings for the exercises.  Would the release date of R1 coincide with GB re-releasing the GB Rings?

To be fair, you need rings for F1-2 as well...

To be fair, you need rings for F1-2 as well...

I don't know what's in R1, but I think it's a fairly safe assumption that the amount of exercises needing rings will be signficantly more in R1 than F1-2 combined

I'm surprised there is a rings one thread and no h2 thread considering it will be release some time in the next 10 days or so.

I'm surprised there is a rings one thread and no h2 thread considering it will be release some time in the next 10 days or so.

i think it's because there's no new additional info recently to the caliber of what was revealed on facebook, and the known H2 info that has been revealed was talked about in other private forums.

i personally am more excited for H2 and M1 than R1 simply because R1-R4 still seems so distant from me

Has it been mentioned yet when M1 is being released? 

Spring 2014. We'll post more specifics once it's closer. I might add that M1 has a ton of material that will greatly broaden the average person's view of what movement training is. :)

• Upvote 9

Spring 2014. We'll post more specifics once it's closer. I might add that M1 has a ton of material that will greatly broaden the average person's view of what movement training is. :)

M1 is a mystery, I have no idea what's in store...

• Upvote 1

Marios Roussos

M1 is a mystery, I have no idea what's in store...

Same here. Nevertheless, M1 excites me more than any other release. The combination of F1, M1, and some form of stretching series would seem  like an optimal beginner's program for improving one's overall athleticism.  

• Upvote 1

I gotta admit I'm super keen on m1 as well seeing as it is something I can work on with foundation 1 and 2. Also with all my focus being on foundation and h1 I have lost a considerable amount of explosive strength which I'm guessing will be fixed through m1. Would be nice if you had some teasers for us coach. Perhaps some end goals with the movement series or what type of movement will be involved? :D

I have a little idea.... Hehehehe

The 'I've been to a seminar recently and know more than you do' too-smug-to-bear syndrome.

Shoot me a PM, I promise I won't tell... :P

• Upvote 2

Piotr Ochocki

The 'I've been to a seminar recently and know more than you do' too-smug-to-bear syndrome.

Shoot me a PM, I promise I won't tell... :P

Dancing.

The East Coast seminars this fall can't get here soon enough!

Ralph Palutke

would be nice to get some news about how to combine M,R, F and H programming or if we need to decide which programs we want to follow, because all of them would be to much...

Keilani Gutierrez

would be nice to get some news about how to combine M,R, F and H programming or if we need to decide which programs we want to follow, because all of them would be to much...

I'm sure that'll be provided within the course material, similar to how F1 + H1 programming is available through the H1 course.