Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings One Spoiler

Scott Malin

Coach has released some details for everybody. :)

"Rings One is the first of the GB four part ring strength series. Specific ring strength mobility, bent arm ring strength (BARS), leverage assisted ring strength (LARS) and straight arm ring strength (SARS) are all addressed in each of the courses.

Over the four courses BARS progresses from introductory muscle up work all the way up to reverse muscle ups, SARS progresses from support work and back levers all the way up to maltese and inverted cross and LARS is simply full of fun and excitement every step of the way. Rings One is obviously the first of the ring strength courses and is the mandatory prerequisite for all of the other ring strength courses that follow.

Remember however that Rings One is NOT an introductory GST course and you will make the best progress is you have progressed at least through Foundation Two before you begin."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=754332307923805&set=a.446622315361474.111576.295172437173130&type=1&theater

• Upvote 17

Connor Davies

...leverage assisted ring strength (LARS)....

Presumably pelicans will feature in this, right?

Good to finally get some course details.  Any word on a release date?

• Upvote 1

Norbert Marko

this course gets better and better :) There is still a lot of skeptics about this program in my circle, everyone thinks that it's too good to be true. Can't wait till the first generation of trainees finish the courses completely. *Inverted crosses everywhere*

The FB page mentions late February. Pretty cool. Which course was supposed to released in January again? Was it M1 or H2 (or both  :icon_twisted:)?

The FB page mentions late February. Pretty cool. Which course was supposed to released in January again? Was it M1 or H2 (or both  :icon_twisted:)?

H2

Did Rings 1 pushed back?  I remember originally it was slated for early Feb.

When in Feb was never specified.  Although I can arrange for it to be pushed back if you prefer.   ;) 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach sommer

• Upvote 3

My avatar is getting lonely - can't wait to start seeing some company  :D

I've recently achieved maltese, but only on parallel bars. I almost held a floor maltese though and I never tried it on rings yet because of the door frame. 

Since you have a maltese on rings Josh, have you ever tried to hold one on floor? If yes, then how did they compare?

Update: I held a floor maltese for about a second later that same day.

When in Feb was never specified.  Although I can arrange for it to be pushed back if you prefer.   ;) 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach sommer

It's alright Coach.  Late Feb's fine  :P

The thought of me doing a Maltese or inverted iron cross is mind blowing considering my struggles with some f1 elements..... Truly mind blowing.

I wonder if it's possible to achieve maltese and inverted cross without going all in on a gymnastic lifestyle. I mean, I train enthusiastically four-five times per week, but those skills are so far out there, it just seems like they belong in another universe. 

It'll be interesting to see if this is within reach for the hobbyist, or if it at some point requires that the calender is more or less wiped of anything unrelated to training.

...and this speculation is not going to take me anywhere, first I need to fix my zombie pike. Has anyone tried sleeping in a pike position? ;)

• Upvote 1

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Ok, rings 1. I'm highly excited about it, I even dream about it, and with my spanish friends we talk about get an inverted cross/matese, etc etc... but my reality is: Foundation 1 & Handstand 1! 

I foresee a lot of people injured because of this. Rings 1 it will be available to all, but because of the sexyness of rings skills I think a lot of people is going to buy Rings1 withouth the proper foundation made, with all the injuries related to that. Maybe this issue should be said more, because it is important.

• Upvote 5

Connor Davies

I've never thought  about inverted cross...

Really?  Ever since I heard it was possible to do a handstand pushup with straight arms, everything else just seemed like small change...

Really?  Ever since I heard it was possible to do a handstand pushup with straight arms, everything else just seemed like small change...

..What? Do you mean inverted cross press?

The rings series sounds awesome. Is there a section on kipping.....joking! Please don't ban me Coach :)

• Upvote 1