Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

pull up training

AmirHosein98

guys,i saw in some webs that training pull ups should not be every day,if so it would not be effective is it right?

what about other conditioning?does't it depend on your body?

yo could use the "grease the groove" method by Pavel. Everytime you walk by the bar, you do [ ] pullups, never going beyond, just doing pullups all day. 

Some of it depends on what kind of volume your body likes. I've tried high volume programs which other people had great success with but I just kind of burned out after a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Jake Lawrance

Depends on the intensity to be fair.  Not so much volume. I can do a super hard workout only totaling 50 pull ups worth or can do 100 in a day. However, I can carry on doing 100 a day as I am using 'The greasing the groove technique as said by Kopavski. Then if I do my super hard workout only totaling 50 pull ups, I'll have to take a rest day because my body is fried from the short rest intervals. 

Heck, I used to do pull ups everyday using the 'senders' technique by Ex Royal Marine Sean Lerwill. Lastly, it's not just pull ups, it would be silly to do max push up sets everyday with the sets close together with little rest but would be fine if you spaced them throughout the day using 'Grease the Groove' method yet still having a higher volume.

Although, what you said was right, you would probably have to have a day off once a week just so you don't go mental by the huge volume increases (it can become mentally tough).

• 2 weeks later...
David Turnbull

yo could use the "grease the groove" method by Pavel. Everytime you walk by the bar, you do [ ] pullups, never going beyond, just doing pullups all day. 

This is what I did when I first started and it worked well for me. You could also consider something like the Armstrong pull-up program. It involve five, consecutive days of training, but it only lasts for 4-6 weeks. :)

Kevin Haimann

guys,i saw in some webs that training pull ups should not be every day,if so it would not be effective is it right?

what about other conditioning?does't it depend on your body?

Depends on your goal for that Skill. Is it working up to an additional 60-70% BW Pull Up? Then I´d definitly not recommend doing it daily, because there is no further benefit conserning neurological adaption (considering strength as the skill to activate a maximal number of motorunits for a given movement pattern).

For learning a perfect movement pattern and gaining more endurance and proficiency GTG might be fine.

But be patient as tendonitis develops through constant stress beyound what your body is currently able to recover from.

Thomas Parmer

Using the GTG system works quite well, and you will see a great increse. i increaced my pullups by about 10 reps in 2 months with this method, but be carefull with overuse, i ended up with elbow tendonitis, and had to cut back a month to heal it, so i would strongly advise you to do wrist stretches (both ways) with straight elbows, and elbow rotaitions as prehab.