Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yuri Van Gelder Routine - Winner SR Cottbus 2009

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

ydf5TKYJGZg

A nicely done routine; both in terms of performance and construction. The mount is a back kip to maltese. The next sequence is lower from maltese to back lever and immediately press back to planche. Notice the new emphasis on inverted cross work. Also the new rule changes only allow 4 strength parts in a row before they must be followed by a swinging element. The only issue with the routine is a relatively weak dismount.

The final results on Still Rings were:

1. Yuri van Gelder NED (6.6) 15.850

2. Dimosthenis Tambakos GRE (6.7) 15.700

3. Danny Pinheiro-Rodrigues FRA (6.7) 15.600

4. Eleftherios Petrounias GRE (6.4) 15.250

5. Irodotos Georgallas CYP (6.9) 15.150

6. Samir Ait Said FRA (6.7) 15.075

7. Koen van Damme BEL (5.7) 13.850

8. Eduard Gholub ISR (5.2) 12.700

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jeff Sutherland

Wow, only a C dismount. I know he had to pike down the 1/1 quite a bit to make it around but I'm still surprised to see him take the .2 for the less difficult dismount. I'm not sure that the swing after 4 strength rule works all that well when a muscled yamawaki counts as a swing.

Glad to see Yuri still competing, I think he has the best swing to strength elements in the world. They all come in with pretty much no rise above the final hold position.

Guest Thomas

His dismount has always been the weakest link in his routine.

He's been working hard at improving it for some weeks now, to get a REAL doubled layed out full for the next competition.

I'm surprised he won with this score though, a 15.850 is not that high for a ring final..

Basicly are same deduction as before for him. Lower scores are because of much lower E score (formerly A score) and for new, much harsher deductions for holds:0,3 if hold is slightly less then 2seconds.

So if he will add o,3 for dismount he'll have 6.9, same goes for Danny (7.0, but till now he always compensate his dismount with victorian difficulty, he will had to change the dismount now!).

It will be close between Gelder and Vorobyov. Anbody knows if Safoshkin is well and if he will compeet at European Championships???

He's been working hard at improving it for some weeks now, to get a REAL doubled layed out full for the next competition.

Do you know him personal?

Glad to see Yuri still competing, I think he has the best swing to strength elements in the world. They all come in with pretty much no rise above the final hold position.

Swing to strenght are delicate :lol: To slam it right in to the line is very hard, not in streght terms but in precision.

Can anybody else do the maltese backlever to planche? That's amazing! :shock:

Probably, but not so clean,...

I would like to see from backlever 2s press to maltese, I know it's in the code of points, but I never saw it.

matthew.percussion

I would like to see from backlever 2s press to maltese, I know it's in the code of points, but I never saw it.

I've thought about that, but I think I'd prefer back lever :arrow: planche(through maltese).

Wangtang6911
Can anybody else do the maltese backlever to planche? That's amazing! :shock:

Probably, but not so clean,...

Sean Golden does it. There is a video where he does that skill on youtube. It is the one where he is competing at PanAm games!

I saw the video on youtube and he is not doing it!!! He uses bounce and that is code of point E value, F is with hold back lever.

ok that is diffrent video, then I saw. I saw from 2007 visa championship...

4k4Mze3TdC

Sk he made an inmprovement to pan america games