Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted squat challenge.

Connor Davies

Matthew Proulx

once you get into the SLS/SE2-5 and their matching iM, much better than anything that came before it, specially for flexibility.

Connor Davies

Today I hit 3x10 with a 7.5kg weight, again with 60 seconds rest between sets.  Warmed up with 1 set of 10 unweighted and 1 set of 10 with 5kg.

Connor Davies

RFESS are a moot point now.  As the weight goes up, I'm feeling less and less inclined to add more volume to my squats.

Today I hit 3x10 with 10 kg.  This marks the first time I felt real activation in my core, and actually I think my thoracic extensors may end up being my weak link in all this.

Connor Davies

Bipocni, can you do all the way up to SE5 and their iM on SLS? If not, why even try this?

Nope! ^_^

Edit: to expand on this, I can do the PE, but not the iM.

I've posted a more thorough reply here.

Alessandro Mainente

i've strained my rigth adductor....grrrrrrrrrr.... :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Alessandro Mainente

i was doing normal squat, probably without good warm up, 130 kg of squat are not to much! not for my quads

Connor Davies

I don't get it, it's like trying to get good at a weighted hinge row when you could be doing rope climbs...

Weighted hinge row you say... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

well there was one arm handstand....people threw down pretty hard for that one. 

then there was weighted dislocates....so it went Strength(or handstand), then mobility. 

knowing that Coach and Cory can scheme up seemingly "not so daunting" challenges and somehow they're still brutal, i'm interested in seeing what comes next ^_^

I'm excited and open to another challenge that would take me out of my comfort zone :) 

i mean, if it wasn't for the KoTF challenge....i wouldn't even be practicing dislocates right now. 

well there was one arm handstand....people threw down pretty hard for that one.

then there was weighted dislocates....so it went Strength(or handstand), then mobility.

knowing that Coach and Cory can scheme up seemingly "not so daunting" challenges and somehow they're still brutal, i'm interested in seeing what comes next ^_^

I'm excited and open to another challenge that would take me out of my comfort zone :)

i mean, if it wasn't for the KoTF challenge....i wouldn't even be practicing dislocates right now.

And i would probably have left it at 6kg. Very glad to have the push

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Yesterday I just messed around with hawaiian squats with a 22kg dumbell. +5 reps with a pause of 5seconds at the bottom; really, completely at the bottom, my ass almost hitting the floor. Easy. 

Just to play, I'm not going to incorporate this to my regular training, I prefer squatting just for the sake of the movement pattern. But is funny because thanks to hawaiian squat my overall lower body flexibility has increased a lot. 

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

And i would probably have left it at 6kg. Very glad to have the push

I finally closed to a meter with a 10lb bar.  It's hard to train for increased ROM when all you have is the weight....

I finally closed to a meter with a 10lb bar.  It's hard to train for increased ROM when all you have is the weight....

Oh, I dunno... seems to be working, right? :D

I used to be a powerlifter before switching to mostly calisthenics and gymnastics work so my legs are pretty strong and back then I used to also do weighted crossack squats as accessory work. Before I got bored with them I hit 85-90lbs 5x5 holding a dumbbell. Haven't done them in a long while and would imagine 50lbs would be a challenge for me these days. 

Connor Davies

.....I hit 85-90lbs 5x5 holding a dumbbell......

Way to raise the bar!  If you have a video of this, then as far as I'm concerned you've set a new world record.

i know people at defrancos do coassack squats quite regularly and i´m pretty sure 90lbs is nowhere near any kind record. in fact, i´ve seen quite small people do them with 80lbs.

Connor Davies

i know people at defrancos do coassack squats quite regularly and i´m pretty sure 90lbs is nowhere near any kind record. in fact, i´ve seen quite small people do them with 80lbs.

It's just really hard to find videos, okay?

Way to raise the bar!  If you have a video of this, then as far as I'm concerned you've set a new world record.

Nah it's nothin' special.