Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About Foundation Courses

DiTi447

Hi Guys,

Im a 20 years old swimmer from israel , and for the past year I started to be very instrested in gymnastics.

I started to workout on the bar and dips , and currently i can hold a straddle back lever, and one leg FL .

Im very intrested in taking the foundation courses to gain more strenght with an actual training program without my improvisation , also i really want to learn and improve my moves.

I would be happy to get some extra inforamtion about the courses, what are the include ?

Is it a live course , offline videos or just reading materials? cause if so it will be a problem with timezones.

How many sessions per week, how long each one of them and how much time each course takes.

Is it possible to combine thr course with my swimming ? cause after practices I can be to sore to to a gymnastics training.

To sum up,  Im really passionate about your courses but i will be glad to know a bit more before I'll start.

Thanks Ahead . 

Sorry for my bad English

It's a course with written materials, pictures and videos on private pages displayed when you log in.

You can log in on your own time; I'm down in Australia. There are plenty of swimmers here, both synchronised and distance, who can tell you about their experiences combining it with GST if you ask them.

There are different structures provided for training 2-5 times per week; generally I train 4-6 days for 1-1.5 hours each each time. You can train less or more than this if it suits you and you can handle it.

There are 7 streams or progressions in Foundation building up to the ultimate movements on the product page; I train 4 on one day, 3 on the next 2x per week. There are also private forums like this one you can access where we discuss the products in a lot of detail

Hope to see you there :)

James Janssen

Welcome.

Foundation will help you work towards 7 foundational Gymnastic Strength Training™ elements: full front lever, straddle planche, rope climbing, hollow back press, manna, side lever and single leg squat. By the end of F4 you *should* be able to do these elements, depending on yourself and whether you have put in the hard work.

Mobility exercises and "pre-requisite" exercises for the 7 elements are given for you to follow, with a structured schedule. All of these elements will be demonstrated by athletes in a video, with some focus points. 

How often you workout per week is entirely up to you, Coach has given lots of options.

Whether you can do it after swimming practice depends on your recovery ability, we can't tell. Most people on Foundation also do sports next to it, so you won't be the only one.  :)

Coach Sommer

George Bovell (four time Olympian, 2004 Olympic Bronze medalist and former World Record holder) loves Foundation.

Enough said.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4

Should I do the Foundation series?

I am 37 years old and in, what I consider, good shape. However, my career (US Navy EOD) and my ego in the gym have started taking some toll on my body. I want to keep gaining strength but limit potential for injury. In your honest opinion do you feel that I would benefit from this workout regiment?

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.

Coach Sommer

We already have some SEALs, SF and Recon following the courses; I suppose we can handle an EOD also.    :icon_cool:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

One last question before I start. Would you recommend starting both the foundation 1 and handstand? Also my wife pointed out that I am 38 not 37! Ugh.

• Upvote 1

James Janssen

Haha and yes. Foundation and H1 is only a small part of what GB offers, but it is absolutely required for further course work. Working on them both simultaneously come with very good synergies strength and mobility wise.

• Upvote 1

Piotr Ochocki

Definitely fundation and handstand together, handstand course will help a lot with shoulder health, among other bits, not to mention it leads to a good handstand.

Btw, fundation course has history of crushed egos under the belt ;).

• Upvote 1

Riku Calderón

One last question before I start. Would you recommend starting both the foundation 1 and handstand? Also my wife pointed out that I am 38 not 37! Ugh.

This happens to me a lot and I'm only 29 :D

Welcome to the GB!

We already have some SEALs, SF and Recon following the courses; I suppose we can handle an EOD also.    :icon_cool:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Don't forget Nick who was in Mallorca, but there's always room for another EOD man.